DmC (Devil May Cry Reboot)

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

.:Someone Else:.

Re: DmC (Devil May Cry Reboot)

Post by .:Someone Else:. »

Oh well I think the problem with the look is only a matter of taste ^^

But I agree with Mistah H, who actually pointed out the problem..he's too pretentious...without necessarily comparing, but just taking old Dante as an example, it was set that he was a pro since the begining of DMC 1, with his "Devil May Cry" agency, the history of password implying he's doing it since a long time, and well, the fact he survived his own sword in his chest...For me, even with that, even if he HAD the right to be pretentious, it was a bit too much for me, so imaging that new Dante, that simply wakes up and appear naked in front of Kat in the intro...he needs to make something epic before I "allow" him to be pretentious, and well for now it was just demon slashing so well...matter of taste again I bet, but on the other hand a shy Dante would have been a bit WTH XD let time shows us more about that guy :ohn:
Bye y'all, was fun while it lasted
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

Oh well at the end of the day, this Dante is still young so he still has plenty of time to grow.

Personally, my most favourite incarnation of Dante was funny enough, his Anime version. He was just very VERY laid back. At this point in time especially for DMC fans, you'll already know his history and that he was quite powerful enough that he just lazes around without much of a care. I mean he can still run his mouth now and then, but he's also mature enough and keeps his cool. Ever read All-Star Superman? When you look at Superman on the cover art there, that's the same kind of vibe I get with this Dante too.
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
RoxasKennedy
Porter
Custom Rank: ßâÜ(ÔòÑ´╣ÅÔòÑßâÜ)

Post by RoxasKennedy »

I wonder if this game will be easy on you when it comes to the combos.

I love combos.

One thing I never mastered was jump cancelling, and I see it's present in DmC.
Hey guys, Marlboro-Chan here
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Judging from the demo alone it seems to be pretty easy enough.

I've come to the realisation that perhaps why I just don't like new Dante's personality and design is because I'm getting old :lol:. I was 17 when the original game out and seeing how well this new one is attracting alot of young gamers around that age group today, well it's no surprise then that it appeals to a newer generation. No wonder why I like anime Dante.

Let's just throw Dante and Vergil into a hipster themed sitcom and call it a day. :P
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
.:Someone Else:.

Post by .:Someone Else:. »

With daddy Sparda planning to take over his boss Mundus while bad Dante get all the girls and Good Guy Vergil teach him the meaning of life till they all end up laughing out loud at the end credits?

I'd pay to see that :lol:
Bye y'all, was fun while it lasted
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Trish as the slut next door LOL!
Dank Buttsen

iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

I dunno, but the new Dante seems to remind me of this guy:

LOL! :lol:
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Well considering the lead designer at Ninja Theory is this...

Almost close. :LOL:
Dank Buttsen

RoxasKennedy
Porter
Custom Rank: ßâÜ(ÔòÑ´╣ÅÔòÑßâÜ)

Post by RoxasKennedy »

Now that I look at the earliest version of Dante again, I realized that his coat looks stupid.

It's like some sort of a clown suit or something.
I mean, look at those collars!
Hey guys, Marlboro-Chan here
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

I would still say the clown suit is better looking than that beaten up clown face. :lol:

WHY SO SERIOUS!
Dank Buttsen