Resident Evil Series

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Re: Resident Evil Series

Post by ProtocolX27 »

:oh: Characters on that poster are gorgeous. Really makes make me want a Mercenaries or greatest hits or whatever kind of game all with HQ variations of the story characters across the two decades. :yes:
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

3rd CGI RE movie in the works called Resident Evil: Vendetta by Marza Animation Planet.
MARZA ANIMATION PLANET INC. (MARZA) today announced the title of its work-in-progress CGI feature movie based on Japanese game developer CAPCOMÔÇÖs internationally renowned videogame franchise RESIDENT EVIL. The official title for the latest CGI movie franchise, which is set to release in 2017, is RESIDENT EVIL: VENDETTA.

It was also announced today at Tokyo Motorcycle Show that the movie and Italian motorcycle manufacture DUCATIÔÇÖs Japan office (famous and popular for its high-performance and stylish design) is now in collaboration by featuring Resident Evil franchise character, Leon S. Kennedy riding the DUCATIÔÇÖs newest series XDiavel in the action-packed scenes and at the climax of the movie.

Title: "RESIDENT EVIL: VENDETTA"
Executive Producer: Takashi Shimizu
Director: Takanori Tsujimoto
Writer: Makoto Fukami
Music: Kenji Kawai
Executive Supervisor: Hiroyuki Kobayashi (CAPCOM)
Production Co: MARZA ANIMATION PLANET
A PASTAH BIKE! :LOL:
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
ProtocolX27
Porter

Post by ProtocolX27 »

I'm quite cool with news of this.

All of the CGI movies are superior to Mr. Paul Jovovich's live-action-my-wife-is-an-action-star-fantasies.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Well that and at least the CGI movies are somewhat canon aka the actual videogame characters themselves and in their authentic setting and timelines.

:yes: Much late reply! :LOL:

Also.....

Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
raidergale
Porter
Custom Rank: Marie's my waifu kthx

Post by raidergale »

I'm still in denial that thing exists :runcry:
At least it looks like the animations are SLIGHTLY improved :pi:
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

What I see is a potentially fun "arcade shooter" with authentic arcade shooter gameplay and jank animations aka classic 90's to early 2000's Capcom levels of cheese and awesomeness. "The good old days".

The collective memory and trends of alot of gamers these days i.e. the modern generation makes me sad.
Dank Buttsen

RoxasKennedy
Porter
Custom Rank: ßâÜ(ÔòÑ´╣ÅÔòÑßâÜ)

Post by RoxasKennedy »

It would be pretty cool if u could go through the whole building (I think in Outbreak u could with few crawlspaces here and there) but from the trailer I get the impression that only a few distinct rooms are gonna be explorable :LOL:
Hey guys, Marlboro-Chan here
raidergale
Porter
Custom Rank: Marie's my waifu kthx

Post by raidergale »

MisterHentai wrote:What I see is a potentially fun "arcade shooter" with authentic arcade shooter gameplay and jank animations aka classic 90's to early 2000's Capcom levels of cheese and awesomeness. "The good old days".
I'm too young for that! :LOL:
It's just never been something I liked, which is why I'm not too thrilled about it, especially with the RE brand attached to it :LOL: Much selfish! :lol: I thought it was quite obvious from the way I say things that whenever I say "I'm in denial" I don't mean it as a "OH GOD THIS GAME DOESN'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO EXIST!" :lol:
ProtocolX27
Porter

Post by ProtocolX27 »

Yeah, this thing doesn't hold much for me either. Spending so much time with 3D has ruined my brain. This and other current gen games are just starting to look underwhelming compared to what the technological generation should be able to offer.

I unfortunately, don't have any nostalgia specs lying around since I was late to the RE party :LOL:
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

But then when there are games that are taking advantage of this current technological generation, but completely miss the point of it being an actual "game", it makes you question the some of the design choices made.

The new DOOM is a perfect example of something old school it's new again and is being very successful at it. (It could've been alot different too)

Coming out after the likes of say, Uncharted 4, whilst an exceptionally pretty game and well deserved for it's technical aspects and presentation, once you take that way, it is in actual fact, a very poor excuse of a videogame. Sure it has some wonderful set piece moments but it is also very obviously far too much of a guided experience as well i.e. perfect example of a modern day game product. :P

That's why as silly looking Umbrella Corps is, I hope that it still manages to bring out something that has been missing for a long time, and for the current guided baby gamers :evillaugh: of today to fully experience.

Overwatch is another example. It's getting alot of praise by people, yet this game is built upon something that existed a decade ago i.e. Team Fortress 2. Add onto the Blizzard magic and taking competitive elements of games from the past few years, you have yourself a winner and something that looks to be another trend setter.
Dank Buttsen