Resident Evil Series

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Re: Resident Evil 6

Post by semory »

oh i see yeah youre right... a friend and i busted re5 after going through re6... makes you not want to play re5 anymore :D
.:Someone Else:.

Post by .:Someone Else:. »

haha i hear you! but well like always, just my oppinion XD
Bye y'all, was fun while it lasted
ssringo

Post by ssringo »

I liked RE5. The AI was balls, especially on higher difficulties, but it was lots of fun in co-op. Granted, I hate the more action oriented feel of RE5 (and RE6) but for what it is, I enjoyed it.

After pondering, debating, looking at my bank account, sighing at the pre-order bonuses, and pondering some more for several weeks, I finally bought RE6 on Steam. Though I didn't like 2/3 of the game (read: interactive movie), multiplayer was fun and modding will happen.

Revelations will be an easy buy though. I'll pre-order the first day I see it on Steam. :mrgreen:
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

As actiony as RE5 was, I still enjoyed it alot too. Probably my most played of all the RE games thus far. The co-op was just too fun for me. And I actually prefer the good ol' tank controls. It adds that extra layer in the gameplay for strategical placement and suspense.

I hope Revelations will be priced right.
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Resident Evil 6 X Left 4 Dead!!!! :o :o
When players select the PC-exclusive The Mercenaries: No Mercy mode - available 5th April - they'll be able to select one of four members of Left 4 Dead 2's cast. This includes: Coach, Nick, Ellis and Rochelle. Each character will have their own unique customised weapon load-out. Additionally, two fan-favourite Left 4 Dead 2 enemy types - the Witch and the Mini Tank - will make cameo appearances in this mode, regardless of whether a player selects a Left 4 Dead 2 cast member.
Looks like a PC purchase is definitely worth it, and since I already have the Left 4 Dead games too. This gonna be very interesting.
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Ventrue
Custom Rank: Frequent Lurker

Post by Ventrue »

My favourite part of the video when he's saying that the L4D characters fit into RE6. Like, HOW? xD
I'm just here for the boobs.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Well it's only the Mercenaries mode so in a way, it can. Simple zombie survivor fun in that area.

Even then, with the Left 4 Dead games having a bit of a vague story, some elements could fit into the Resident Evil universe.

Only 2-3 days to go. Time to do some boring hard drive free space reorganisation. :pi:
Dank Buttsen

semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

think it's worth it even though one already has RE6 for PS3? BTW, anybody use shadowmoy's (codeman's) RE6 extractor yet? does it work for PC benchmark models yet?
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Higher resolution graphics, higher framerate (Assuming your PC is up to spec), keyboard & mouse or gamepad controls, and if you pre-order on Steam right now before release, access to all extra DLC stuff and free RE5. How can it not be worth it? :P

RE5 PC was really good, and could have been the best version if not for lack of multiplayer modes, features and the Gold Edition content that only the console versions got.

If Capcom are being their usual selves and release a "RE6 Gold Edition" in the future on consoles, then I will also grab that in the future. It's why I've been holding out on getting RE6 for consoles at the moment.

I did the same thing for RE5. Held out on the initial console release, bought PC version instead, and as soon as RE5 Gold Edition was announced, then I got that one.
Dank Buttsen

semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

damn right my pc is up to spec :P.