Resident Evil Series

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Re: Resident Evil Series

Post by MisterHentai »

I'll most likely buy them once they are on a sale around the time I will finarry have a PS4. :LOL:
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Post by Vonman »

6 for sure :D

5 if only they include those two extra episodes with Jill.

4.... well it has been a terrible port for the PC, gonna have to wait and see if they fix those first.
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

RE5 and 6 are deffo fun lol. I got bored with revelations not even halfway through. But why do shit games always go on sale at steam? Bear simulator hmmm....
rballad
Custom Rank: Om Donal

Post by rballad »

I only played revelation up to the mansion level. It was boring and the way jill and the bearded guy fell into the trap was pretty dumb
rballad
Custom Rank: Om Donal

Post by rballad »

MisterHentai wrote:Yeah their dire financial situation from the past few years is definitely showing.:
That and japan's policy of weak yen makes selling games through steam more profitable than ever
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

Ahahahahaha I don't even remember making it out of the ship.
Vonman

Post by Vonman »

rballad wrote:I only played revelation up to the mansion level. It was boring and the way jill and the bearded guy fell into the trap was pretty dumb
i think you meant RE:REmake :pi:

Revelation 1 & 2 aint that bad actually i quite enjoyed it especially raid mode :lol:
tho i really hate the backtrackings tho. that was pretty lazy of them having us run through the same area again and again
raidergale
Porter
Custom Rank: Marie's my waifu kthx

Post by raidergale »

I'm quite sure he means Revelations :LOL: He's probably talking about the mansion-like section on the ship
Vonman

Post by Vonman »

raidergale wrote:I'm quite sure he means Revelations :LOL: He's probably talking about the mansion-like section on the ship
funny i dont remember any bearded guy on Revelations. i thought he meant that scene in RE where jill got into that trap room and barry helped her or smt :lol:
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

I quite enjoyed Revelations as well since it was a modern RE title whilst having some throwback elements to the original games.

People have definitely been spoilt by modern games seeing as you can't really complain about backtracking and forget when that was the whole old-school thematic point to what the RE games once were.

Ever since RE5 onwards, it's just been one straight linear adventure after another. RE4 at least still retained that and it's no wonder why it still remains the best and most revered of the modern games in the series.

Sure it is tedious, but it makes you learn and appreciate the areas and gives actual character to them. It had variety when it comes to puzzles and progression.

Like the first RE, the real character of the entire game was the actual mansion itself, and when it came to Revelations, the entire design methodology of the ship invokes the same thing.

It certainly would've been a much better game if they reworked the controls for the HD version, but still enjoyable nevertheless.

Revelations 2 was an improvement in that area and also kept some of the same atmosphere. And whilst it's RAID mode was still quite fun, in a way, it was also a step backwards due to the scripted bitesized design of it.

Rev 1's RAID mode was much more difficult, longer and intensive because you don't know where or how many enemies will appear or lurk behind a corner. "Ghost Ship" is perhaps one of the most frustrating yet satisfying parts because it was a gauntlet throughout the entire thing that had to be done perfectly.
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather