FINAL FANTASY

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Re: FINAL FANTASY

Post by MisterHentai »

Unfortunately no one here is a long time FFXIV player so I doubt there will be much help.
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

New trailer from E3 2016.

The magical kingdom of Lucis is home to the sacred Crystal, and the menacing empire of Niflheim is determined to steal it. King Regis of Lucis (Sean Bean) commands an elite force of soldiers called the Kingsglaive. Wielding their kingÔÇÖs magic, Nyx (Aaron Paul) and his fellow soldiers fight to protect Lucis. As the overwhelming military might of the empire bears down, King Regis is faced with an impossible ultimatum ÔÇô to marry his son, Prince Noctis to Princess Lunafreya of Tenebrae (Lena Headey), captive of Niflheim, and surrender his lands to the empireÔÇÖs rule. Although the king concedes, it becomes clear that the empire will stop at nothing to achieve their devious goals, with only the Kingsglaive standing between them and world domination.
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

:LOL:
Dank Buttsen

riccochet
Porter
Custom Rank: Low Poly Porter

Post by riccochet »

Sweet Jesus
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Remixed Giza Plains track sounds ..... okay? I mean at least I can hear the same instrumental samples (e.g. Sakimoto's trademark harp) but it just doesn't have as much impact as the original. :snathink:

Original for comparison. :pi:

Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Oh wow, Yusuke Naora just announced his departure from SE after 24 years. :o

I like what he has brought to the FF franchise (The combination of Modern/Sci-Fi/Classic settings and visuals especially), but at the same time, also grew to dislike some of it since it went in tandem with Tetsuya Nomura's samey character designs, all of which shaped the art direction and aesthetics SE has been using the past 20 years.

Leaving now before the release of FFXV, it kind of does make you wonder. Leaving on a high note, or just running away before the shit storm comes? I guess we will see. :LOL:

Either way, I hope there will be some fresh blood for SE to reinvigorate themselves. Yes, I'm also saying Nomura needs to go. His stuff was actually good and fresh in the 90's, but since then, it's really been the same shit. :pi:
Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Well they certainly made this visually appealing.

Still, will never beat the classic FFVIII Death-Attack Junction combination though.
Dank Buttsen

rballad
Custom Rank: Om Donal

Post by rballad »

well the combat looks interesting and there is a lot of enemy variations. things that i dislike about ff 13 is that enemy are mostly the same
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

To be hoesnt the same can be said for many of the previous FF games. But yeah, the entire XIII series was very noticeable in it's reused assets. :lol:
Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

:yes:

The gameplay video I have been waiting for.

Phon Coast's remastered music sounds close to the original so that is a big :yes: for me. It's one of my top 3 tracks in the game.

Original.

FFXII: Revenant Wings version.
Dank Buttsen