FINAL FANTASY

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Re: FINAL FANTASY

Post by MisterHentai »

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

So it's practically similar to a PSO menu dupe giltch. :LOL: :yes:
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
raidergale
Porter
Custom Rank: Marie's my waifu kthx

Post by raidergale »

I can confirm that's pretty much what happened to me :LOL:
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Battle For Freedom - Black Mages Edition ...... :oh: :oh: :oh:
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
ellegirl01

Post by ellegirl01 »

MisterHentai wrote:Janky animations and weird hit detection is probably one of my biggest gripes about this game. No amount of flashy graphics can hide the amount of :wtf: wonky crap in this. The combat can look pretty damn cool at times, but there's also an equal amount, if not more, dodgy stuff going on. :okay:

The forced animations on some of the characters before or during gameplay and especially in the Link Strikes are just :wtf: at times. And then there's some insanely hilarious whiffed/giltched attacks that just look :wat: :facepalm: i.e. looking at you Gladiolus! :pi:

Personally, I still think FFXII wins overall on true diversity, different climate regions and that sense of feeling from older FF's of discovery. If they rebuilt XII's world to the scale that XV could portray, then HORY SHEEEEET that will be something! :o ...and again, XII isn't even an entire planet either!
THIS. All of this. :clap: :clap:

I think I'm starting to empathize with the FFX-2 detractors who cried and complained about it being too girly or too Charlie's Angels -- they didn't like the upbeat vibe and aesthetic, and felt the plot was thin.
I'm feeling the same way about FF15, but in reverse: I think there's too much fanservice of the Jpop variety, the characters are too gimicky, the mood is glum, and the world looks like NYC, just cleaner and richer and slightly more futuristic.
I'm not feeling the fantasy with this game at all. Even the "magic" is more like grenade attacks that have to be equipped, rather than actual spellcasting, which is disappointing. The effects are GORGEOUS, but come on.
I'll keep sitting through 15, as I'm barely through the first quarter (I'm bored, tbh). But yeah, I'm disappointed.

I agree: I think Spira from X and Ivalice from 12 were the perfect balance of modernism and technology with the classic medieval/Asian feel. (FF13 felt like some weird blend between Valkyrie Profile and Xenosaga, and not in a good way.)
Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Post by Vonman »

I THOUGHT THIS SHIT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FREE WTF SQUARE!??
:rage: :rage: :rage:
raidergale
Porter

Post by raidergale »

Nah, those were all the preorder bonuses/items exclusive to some special editions :LOL:
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Hilarious to see that they announced that a Monster Bestiary feature will be added in a future update.

Ironic, when the FFXIII series had one, and was a decent core component of those games too.

Another example of "One step forward, two steps back" with the development of this game. :LOL: :facepalm:
Dank Buttsen

raidergale
Porter

Post by raidergale »

I hope it'll include a model viewer, some of the enemy designs are really cool :LOL:
Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Post by Vonman »

MisterHentai wrote:Hilarious to see that they announced that a Monster Bestiary feature will be added in a future update.

Ironic, when the FFXIII series had one, and was a decent core component of those games too.

Another example of "One step forward, two steps back" with the development of this game. :LOL: :facepalm:
not only that, alot of the updates so far has been pretty useless too :feel:

like who would need a chocobo festival at a time like this
like noctis nation is ruined, the king has been murdered in cold blood, Lunas dead, world is on the brink of chaos- i know, lets go have fun at chocobo festival!

tho im still hyped at the planned officially playable aranea and iris.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

:no:

:yes:

Dank Buttsen