FINAL FANTASY

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Re: FINAL FANTASY

Post by MisterHentai »

Nice recap work, but.......

How can you miss X-2 and XIII-2! :lol:

They are main games too!

Hopefully there should be Yuna and Serah to represent them.
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
DerekStrife

Post by DerekStrife »

MisterHentai wrote:Nomura and his team better hurry up with Versus XIII, that way they can finally make a Kingdom Hearts 3 instead of all these teasing handheld games.
Since Versus XIII is actually a idea-dumpster of Kingdom Hearts ideas, and that Nomura is screwing up his own series that even Kazushige Nojima can't save it, thanks to the shitty KH3D, I really hope Versus XIII is cancelled and KH never have a KH3.

And I'm a huge fan of KH.
MisterHentai wrote:Stella is just so beautiful, blonde version of Aerith pretty much.
No she's not. That's actually the main problem I have with recent FF games, the character all looks the same it's ugly. Crappy character-design and 3D modelling.

I personnaly stopped playing FF games after the X.
How can you miss X-2 and XIII-2!
They both have to be forgotten. Especially XIII-2.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Really? Because when I look at Stella, I see some of the same template facial features that they use for Aerith and even Rosa from the FFIV DS/PSP remake.

And yeah, too much Anime in the Final Fantasy designs. The faction leader characters in FFX-2 and Team Nora of FFXIII almost look the same.

And I think FFXIII-2 is actually a good game, especially if we are talking technically and the battle system. How could you say it should be forgotten if you stopped playing since X?
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
MiddleBoss

Post by MiddleBoss »

I also think FFXIII-2 is a good game. At first, I didn't like the idea of capturing monsters... but later, I had a lot of fun searching for them to obtain the best combination.

About FFX-2... Maybe the story wasn't the best, and seeing Yuna as a J-POP idol was out-of-place, but the battle system was awesome. :ohn:
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Yeah X-2 was quite fast for it's time and also like a precursor to the mechanics for XIII.
Dank Buttsen

DerekStrife

Post by DerekStrife »

MisterHentai wrote:Really? Because when I look at Stella, I see some of the same template facial features that they use for Aerith and even Rosa from the FFIV DS/PSP remake.
No she's not... Beautiful. But she looks like whatever character, not only Aerith. I have trouble to find "perfect"-like characters to be attractive. (Even if I don't play games to find characters attractive, perfect-like characters like that actually kills my joy of playin'.)
And I think FFXIII-2 is actually a good game, especially if we are talking technically and the battle system.
Bad story, with bad characters, with bad chara-design. Gameplay wise ? I see no interest even through it's much better than XIII.
How could you say it should be forgotten if you stopped playing since X?
Watched the entire game, and actually played it a little (But we are talkin' about a JRPG from SE, so actually playin' it is kinda useless.). But I'll buy them later, since I have to do a complete review.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

DerekStrife wrote:Watched the entire game, and actually played it a little (But we are talkin' about a JRPG from SE, so actually playin' it is kinda useless.). But I'll buy them later, since I have to do a complete review.
Right so only watching the entire thing and playing it just a little, you can already make a complete judgement about the game? Including anything that is not related to the main story or the underlining mechanics in the battle and leveling system?

So you're going to buy them, which you'll then waste time on it and in the end, probably still complain about it?

....okay then.
Dank Buttsen

Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Post by Vonman »

lol FF X-2... i put my masculinity at risk by playing that. wth was i thinking?? tsk tsk

what about the HD remake of FF X? anyone heard any news on that yet?
im interested in replaying previous FF titles now, and future titles that isnt directed by the guy whos in charge of FF XIII series. might work for some people, but i dont like the direction hes taking Final Fantasy :pi: tho Lightning returns might be the last chance i'm giving him. so far ive heard they spent ridiculous amount of time just designing that ridiculous logo :lol:
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Nothing really new on the FFX HD front. Seriously they've missed the 10 year anniversary.

Yeah that's why I'm looking forward to Versus XIII. Sure it's Tetsuya Nomura but since this is his first real direction at a Final Fantasy game, we'll see how well he does with it. And at least he got the scenario and event director from FFXII to help out because that one is actually my favourite. FFXII was the most mature and political so it will be nice to see some of that again for Versus, which some parts of it are already evident from the old and ONLY gameplay trailer it had.
Dank Buttsen

MiddleBoss

Post by MiddleBoss »

Vonman wrote:lol FF X-2... i put my masculinity at risk by playing that. wth was i thinking?? tsk tsk
I'm a man and I finished the game with 100% :evillaugh:

I'm more interested to see something about FFX HD than Versus, I would be satisfied with a simple screenshot :(