FINAL FANTASY

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Re: FINAL FANTASY

Post by semory »

so for someone who's never played final fantasy before, which game should i start out with?
Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Post by Vonman »

semory wrote:so for someone who's never played final fantasy before, which game should i start out with?
pick randomly. any first one you play will always have a special place in your heart that makes the rest of the series doesnt feel right :lol:
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

I will start with FFXI! :ggl:

Vonman wrote:pick randomly. any first one you play will always have a special place in your heart that makes the rest of the series doesnt feel right :lol:
Which is why FFVII always gets so much praise, since it was most people's first ever one and it couldn't have come at a better time during the PlayStation era. Get's quite annoying sometimes when too many people ride that train.
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
MiddleBoss

Post by MiddleBoss »

Whatever you choose will be a good choice. But I remember that FFI and FFII (I haven't played FFIII) had A LOT of random (and tough) battles. It was: "I will follow this path"-step-battle-step-step-battle-step-battle-"seems like it's a dead end, I must go back"... :rage:
It can be a little tiring for some people, although I like it. :)
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

I guess the real question would be what game systems do you have, because due to many reiterations and ports of the older NES/SNES era games, you have ALOT of choice.

PlayStation era and above (FFVII onwards) is very easy, since you can get them for cheap, and on PS3, VII, VIII and IX are available on PSN Store PSOne Classics.
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
MiddleBoss

Post by MiddleBoss »

The PSX versions of FFV and FVI are also in the PS Store.
And FFI, FFII, FFIII and FFIV are avaiable for PSP in the Store, too. So, with a PSP, you can play all Final Fantasy from I to IX! (and Dissidia :) ).

Recently, I've started to play Theatrhythm Final Fantasy again. I love this game, it's so addiciting! :D
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

oh ok cool, i'll take a look to see what they got on PSN :).
DerekStrife

Post by DerekStrife »

Semory > Depends on which era you want to begin' with. It's better to not play the "remakes" of older FF games, and play the original instead, though.

___
MisterHentai wrote:
DerekStrife wrote:Watched the entire game, and actually played it a little (But we are talkin' about a JRPG from SE, so actually playin' it is kinda useless.). But I'll buy them later, since I have to do a complete review.
Right so only watching the entire thing and playing it just a little, you can already make a complete judgement about the game? Including anything that is not related to the main story or the underlining mechanics in the battle and leveling system?
If we were talking about a DMC game. Yeah, it would be very important to judge the gameplay. Here, it's isn't.

Especially since I'm mostly interested in the universe, the story and the characters in a FF, it looks bad. Really bad.

The story in this game ? One of the worst story Nojima ever wrote. Especially the fact you have to read the "resume" to understand everything.
So you're going to buy them, which you'll then waste time on it and in the end, probably still complain about it?

....okay then.
That's especially for that kind of comment I want to buy it, work on it, and do a complete review. And waisting my time ? I don't see why, since I actually want to play it completly for a complete review.

You know, it is possible to be right about a game being bad without even playing it. It happens that I finally find a game good after playing it, even though I was thinking it would be bad. But there's not that much chance for those games.
rballad
Custom Rank: Om Donal

Post by rballad »

Final fantasy games are boring now. the enemy are monotonous, same models with different colors and name, the story is not deep, the environment is devoid of beautiful scenery, the stage is empty
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

Lol you guys have me really curious now.