FINAL FANTASY

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

rballad
Custom Rank: Om Donal

Re: FINAL FANTASY

Post by rballad »

i never noticed ff12 Zodiac Age before
I hope SE doesn't turn Ashe into an insecure person with alot personal problems and somehow reveal that she is incompetent leader. Ashe being tough is one thing that i like about ff12

I am worried that it focus on Vaan's coming of age story . i really hate japanese nouveau venu(newcomer) genre, the other guys who already there for a long time are shown to lack hearts. they later mellow out and have a change of personality
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

:snathink:

Huh?

The characters and story is still the same as the original, nothing will change about them.

Ashe was quite insecure though, hence her struggle in requiring "power" but at least she developed and knew better.

All the changes are just balance and gameplay related, all of which are based on the International Zodiac Job System version in the first place.
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
rballad
Custom Rank: Om Donal

Post by rballad »

oh thanks, i am more interested in ff 15. so i never followed the news on this game
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Just confirmed at FFXVPGW (Paris Games Week), FFXV has officially gone gold and online multiplayer DLC will come soon.

Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Quite honestly and just going off the recently released Judgement demo so far, it's really turning me more off to this game. :sadserah:

No matter how long and how much they spent trying to make this game look pretty and flashy, underneath all that substance is still ALOT of really dumb and clanky "FFS JAPHAN!" stuff. :facepalm:

The biggest reason why I still try to maintain interest is because of the technical side of things, but when it comes to the direction, gameplay and the specific people who worked on this, it's making me very weary for the likes of the FFVII Remake and other major future projects or games in the franchise they will do. :pi:

I'm sure this game will do much better than the entire FFXIII trilogy ever could (Like the games or not, it really was a low point), but for me, it's going to be another hell of a divisive game for SE and the FF fanbase overall.

Either way, SE seriously needs to get their act together.

At least there is always FFXII HD to look forward to. :okay:
Dank Buttsen

Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Post by Vonman »

Spent my first hour with the game last night.

Overall... I rike it :o
Combat and exploration is fun. Tho perhaps it's still early to tell.. But still this is much much better than corridor Explorer 13.

I like how you can buy soundtracks from previous FF and play it in the game, first thing I bought was the soundtrack for ff8 cus the world for me is kind of a reminiscence of that.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

What a bunch of posers. ......And I'm not referring to the live-action kids. :LOL:
Dank Buttsen

raidergale
Porter
Custom Rank: Marie's my waifu kthx

Post by raidergale »

Vonman wrote:Spent my first hour with the game last night.

Overall... I rike it :o
Combat and exploration is fun. Tho perhaps it's still early to tell.. But still this is much much better than corridor Explorer 13.

I like how you can buy soundtracks from previous FF and play it in the game, first thing I bought was the soundtrack for ff8 cus the world for me is kind of a reminiscence of that.
I'm 28 hours in, combat is still extremely fun :P
Dungeons are also really really good from what I've played. I'm not a huge fan of the magic system though, to the point where I'm barely using spells.
Story is still in the background where I'm at (chapter 7), so we'll see how it ramps up in the following chapters. Some things are definitely a bit disjointed though (let's go back to Lestallum! *loading* OH HEY, you're in a completely different outfit in a place you've never been into before because you apparently agreed to help doing something off screen :lol: That left me "Wait what? Why am I here?!" until they explained :LOL:)
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Shoehorning in scenes from the Kingsglaive film is already telling of :wtf: are they doing and all the trailer style CG cutscenes is a load of :wat: . Yeah that really helps with the story for damn sure! And the fact that they have to force in things from the other media from outside the game is just :facepalm: .

And the dialogue programming activity with the boyband is really dumb, practically on the level or even worse than the Pawns in Dragon's Dogma. Reused lines and bad scripting in some of the most stupidest of places and timing e.g. you leave a gas station in your car, only to come back 10 minutes later, and then for them to be surprised the place is here ........ :pi: ? All their loud grunting and sighing doesn't help either. It's a very annoying Japanese acting subtlety and it's more apparent and obnoxious on the English dub. Just more yaoi sex noises for the fujoshi fanbase. :pi:

And I seriously want to smack the living shit out of Prompto. Just SHUT THE FUCK UP and stop being the "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" type of ADHD deficiency child, especially that moment in a cave mission. Whoever thought his character was supposed to be good and funny needs a serious brain check and back the hell away from bad stereotype casting.

SE seriously needs a check on how they handle their "cinematic experience" parts as well since some of the forced scripting in combat and regular gameplay is just incredibly jarring and full of jank.

Fucking JAHPAN!
Dank Buttsen

raidergale
Porter
Custom Rank: Marie's my waifu kthx

Post by raidergale »

Yeah, I guess Kingsglaive was supposed to be part of the main game (as in - an actual playable part where the empire attacks Insomnia, like the party scene from Versus) but it was just quicker and cheaper to make a movie? So they're now shoehorning those scenes in :LOL: The most baffling thing is the Omen trailer though, why did they randomly patch that in? :lol: I've seen a fragment of that where Noctis is having a nightmare, and they just show part of the Omen trailer. Nobody ever brought it up after that as of now, not even Noctis. :pi:

Also, Gladio leaves the party and then comes back with a couple extra scars. I bet that was supposed to be in the game but it'll just be the Gladio DLC :pi: