FINAL FANTASY

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Re: FINAL FANTASY

Post by MisterHentai »

Well these definitely saved E3 2019 for the most part. :LOL: :facepalm:

Finarry! :dats: :yes:

And for anyone who is actually new to the original game or need a memory refresh, here's a help video for the absolute convoluted mess of all the different ports of the original game. :fdat:

And not to forget the black sheep of the series ..... :yes:

:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Post by Vonman »

Have you guys tried the FF7 remake Demo? What do you think?

I like the battle, its a major improvement from the clusterfuck that is FF15.

But now i fear the game will end up like FF13. Just an endless cycle of Empty Corridor Running -> Battle -> Cutscene the whole game :?
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

To be fair, the game will be linear, and it really shouldn't be too surprising because the original Midgar section and even most of the game is just that. Difference being this remake will have so much more padding and stuff to do in the city.

At the very LEAST, it should give the better illusion of not being so, unlike how FFXIII turned out which is just blatant straight line corridoors and wasteful un-revisitable progression.

And if anything, one thing that FFXIII has introduced for how modern FF games seems to go now, is the Chapter format. I'm personally not a huge fan of that. Sure, it makes it easier to know where you are at in terms of the game's story progression, but also takes away the old feeling, sense of discovery and not knowing.
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Vonman

Post by Vonman »

So.... basically FF7 Remake storyline is fan-fiction tier retarded :?

wtf nomura
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Yeah I'm not liking what they are doing with the Dementors and ruining some of the later story by showing them off already or some Nomoron Kingdom Hearts levels of BS. :fdat:

Still, most reviews so far are positive so we will see where they will go with this. In another 2-5+ years we go! :LOL:

Besides, the original game still exists so whatever. :evillaugh:

It's like with Resident Evil 3 just recently. Game is still decent, the characters are :snalick: , but the remake's campaign is definitely lacking, too fast paced cinematic BS, and Nemesis unfortunately is lame as fuck. But the original still exists and in many ways, is better as a game. :evillaugh:
Dank Buttsen

Vonman

Post by Vonman »

Have playing a game ever made you so mad, you actually smashed your controller?

...FF7R actually did it for me :feel: