Game Music

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Re: Game Music

Post by Dazzy »

^ I think they remixed them right?
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

Yeah they are remixes.

For a while I couldn't even recognise it since they only use small motifs from the original tracks.
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

They did a really great remix. One of the reasons I like Koei games is because of the music aswell as the gameplay.
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Post by Vonman »

man these are some good stuffs!!
i miss hearing these games music. thanks for reminding me the epicness of game music like Tenchu! :lol:
heres another classic one that i like, long before it became a meme.

SONIC BOOM!

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Effing awesome rendition!

I also like the versions that were in the Anniversary (Including a vocal one) and Tribute albums too.

Anniversary Album - Lonely Wolf (Vocals) - Tomoharu Iwasa

Tribute Album - Guile Stage - Motoaki Furukawa

Tribute Album - Ryu Stage - Takenobu Mitsuyoshi (Mr. Do...Do...Do.....Daytonaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!)

Daytona USA - King of Speed - Takenobu Mitsuyoshi :lol:

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - SPECIAL ENDING - µäøÒü»µ¢░ÒüêÒü¬Òüä - Takenobu Mitsuyoshi (Dude is such a legend!)

And a special shoutout to one of my main characters and favourite VF2 track...

Virtua Fighter 2 - Sarah
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
.:Someone Else:.

Post by .:Someone Else:. »

Oooh well, peeps seems to like DW music, these are my very top favorite, but of course I love all the others as well XD

DW 3

DW 4

DW 7
Bye y'all, was fun while it lasted
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Yeah I guess it's mainly the 80's/90's rock music style, something which is quite common in Japanese music in general, so that's why I personally like them. Nice riffs, solos and instrumentals.

I really like The Last Battle from Dynasty Warriors 7.

I always like ones where they make it a combination of epic, triumphant, really fighting the last fight and then adding in the main theme motif.

Dynasty Warriors 7 - The Last Battle - Haruki Yamada

Same feeling with the last boss music, Battle For Freedom in Final Fantasy XII as well.

The song title fits perfectly in context of the battle that you have to go through in the game.

Final Fantasy XII - Battle For Freedom - Hitoshi Sakimoto
Dank Buttsen

RoxasKennedy
Porter
Custom Rank: ßâÜ(ÔòÑ´╣ÅÔòÑßâÜ)

Post by RoxasKennedy »

Omg Omg Omg Omg.

So let's see:

(MUCH better than the TR1 Title Song)

(MUCH better than CVX Chronicles AND Rondo of Blood version)

(THE best rendition of Bloody Tears, others were like ZOMG WE R LAEK MAEKING DIS SONG HARDCOOEEERRRRR (not including Simon's Quest and Haunted Castle version [which sucked ass, btw]) where the original one was a bit creepyish tune, but still had that adventure tone to it.)

(Dunno if it appears ingame, tho, but holy shit)

(That's it, no more Persona related music! You thought I was gonna put that shitty P3/4 music? 'Scuse me, but I HAVE TO laugh at that ridiculous statement. :lol:
>_>... Okay, I liked these two:)

(Altho NOTHING matches the P2 boss theme :ohn: )

(Okay, this is kind of cheating, since it is the opening song for a game, but IT STILL COUNTS SINCE IT'S FROM A GAME!)
Hey guys, Marlboro-Chan here
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

RoxasKennedy wrote:(Okay, this is kind of cheating, since it is the opening song for a game, but IT STILL COUNTS SINCE IT'S FROM A GAME!)
Any vocal song from a Persona game can count no matter what RAWR!!!

I mean for the most part, alot of opening, ending or even original vocal compositions written specifically are standard in Japanese games.
Dank Buttsen

Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Post by Vonman »

ahhh the nostalgia is flowing from all these music! :lol:

here's another. back in high school this song will automatically play in my head every time i sneak my way to escape evening co-curricular activities. had to crawl through tall grass and all that shit just to reach the bus stop and get home to PlayStation 1 :fyea: