Game Music

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

Arch-vile
Custom Rank: Negative Creep

Re: Game Music

Post by Arch-vile »

The Castlevania: Symphony of the Night soundtrack is one of my favorites. I love nearly every song in this game.
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

This would be kind of a good segway.

Hey hey wanna know another thing about Japanese videogame music and that industry in general? (I'm not that biased, really! :lol: ). I find there tends to be more female music composers and actual game designers compared to Western games.

The Castlevania series is one such example from old and new which involves a few.
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

MisterHentai wrote:This would be kind of a good segway.

Hey hey wanna know another thing about Japanese videogame music and that industry in general? (I'm not that biased, really! :lol: ). I find there tends to be more female music composers and actual game designers compared to Western games.

The Castlevania series is one such example from old and new which involves a few.
Yep, same composer for the Skullgirls OST. I love it.
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Yeah Michiru Yamane.

Now that I think about it, is there any Western female music composer that you can think of in videogames? Because I absolutely know none, whereas I can name at least 5 in Japan.

Game designers I can think of a few (Portal is an easy obvious one), thought alot of them tend to be more in a Producer or HR Marketing type.
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

I remember watching this ages ago, so awesome, cute and funny.

Hatsune Miku presents Ikaruga!
Dank Buttsen

Arch-vile
Custom Rank: Negative Creep

Post by Arch-vile »

:lol: That's a funny rendition of the song.

Here's a song I use to rock out to as a kid.
Bluej97
Porter
Custom Rank: Porter

Post by Bluej97 »

OMG A thread like this lives ! O_O

I hope I'm not necroposting, but has anyone heard music from Ys before ?

:'D
"FRESSHU BAKED DESU CHAN STIXXXLUV EXXXCLUSIVE PREORDER NOW!"
-RoXXXeh-
MiddleBoss

Post by MiddleBoss »

:-o EPIC MUSIC
I've heard about the Ys games, but I've never played one (although I've always been tempted).
Is important to follow the games in order? I see there are a lot of Ys games for different platforms and I don't know if exists some type of chronology. I don't even know what games were released outside Japan, but I think I saw some in the PS Store.
Bluej97
Porter
Custom Rank: Porter

Post by Bluej97 »

MiddleBoss wrote::-o EPIC MUSIC
I've heard about the Ys games, but I've never played one (although I've always been tempted).
Is important to follow the games in order? I see there are a lot of Ys games for different platforms and I don't know if exists some type of chronology. I don't even know what games were released outside Japan, but I think I saw some in the PS Store.
All games were released outside Japan ;) ( well the Canon games are )

I know ! It's so amazing, Ys music for me is currently on par with the Castlevania ones !

well not really, but when you follow the first 3 chronological games ( origins, 1 and 2 ) it gives you a clear story of Ys. :D

Origins ( PC )
Ys 1 and 2 remakes are on ( PS1, PSP, DS, PC )
Ys 3 the oath in felghana ( PSP, PC )
Ys 4 and 5 ( the remakes on PS2 aren't Canon, I think 5 is but I didn't play both, I jumped to 6 )
Ys 4: Celceta ( the Canon one, PSVita )
Ys 6 ( PS2, PC, PSP )
Ys 7 ( PC,PSP )

I do hope you try it out, it's an amazing game series, I'm now playing 6, really challenging game *_*
"FRESSHU BAKED DESU CHAN STIXXXLUV EXXXCLUSIVE PREORDER NOW!"
-RoXXXeh-
MiddleBoss

Post by MiddleBoss »

Thanks a lot for the info Bluej97! :hug2:
I didn't know that all games were released outside Japan! :lol: I thought it was like the "Tales of" series, that only a few arrive.

I'll have to skip Origins, so I'll start with the PSP remakes. I think I'm going to visit the PS Store today ;)