Game Music

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Re: Game Music

Post by MisterHentai »

Oh to answer your question from before, Ridge Racer Unbounded is "okay". I did actually have fun with it via PC version, but as a true Ridge Racer game, not really. I mean the series did become stale, given that RR6 and RR7 were practically the same game, and it seemed like Namco had lost touch of where the series should go. The old style is more or less dead at this point.

There's an upcoming free to play version called Ridge Racer Driftopia, which is heavily based upon Unbounded. Will be coming for PS3 and PC.
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Post by Vonman »

been looking for this! finally found it. so epic! you can listen to it while taking a dump, it will be the most epic shit you'll ever have! :LOL:

RoxasKennedy
Porter
Custom Rank: ßâÜ(ÔòÑ´╣ÅÔòÑßâÜ)

Post by RoxasKennedy »

Lately I've been listening to even more Sonic 06 music.

And here I thought there wasn't anything else worth listening on that soundtrack.

I love Aquatic Base music. *_*
Hey guys, Marlboro-Chan here
skeev
Custom Rank: Vault Citizen

Post by skeev »

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

With PAC-MANÔäó Championship Edition DX + coming next month (On consoles AND PC!), time to celebrate with what is for me, it's best track, which funnily is the first one.

Same artist, Akitaka Tohyama, also does music for Tekken too, so you can tell his "GOA" ish music style. (Is that he right genre?) :lol:

These are also my favourite tracks of the respective games.

This track, and infinite number of Chinese Lanterns floating in the background.....awesome! :P

Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

:hi:

:lol:

Here's an obscure one that mainly mecha genre anime freaks would probably know. :pi:

"Realize" from Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 on the PS2. Theme tune for Freedom and Justice Gundams.

Same tune but on Super Robot Wars J for the GameBoy Advance.

Actual song in the 4th opening sequence of the Mobile Suit Gundam SEED anime.

And here's the actual music video by Tamaki Nami. :lol:

Gameplay example.

Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Some classic Sega Arcade racing time! :fyea:

Super Hang-On - Outride A Crisis

Super Hang-On - Sprinter

Super Hang-On - Outride A Crisis (Arranged Version)

My most favourite of all music in OutRun 2, Shiny World. Some emotionally powerful cruise music I'd say. :lol:

And I was always fond of the Expert stage music in both Daytona USA games. :lol:

Daytona USA - Sky High (Original Arcade Version)

Daytona USA - Sky High (Saturn and PC version)

Daytona USA 2 - Skyscraper Sequence (Original)

Daytona USA 2 - Skyscraper Sequence (Takenobu Mitsuyoshi version)
Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Not a huge metal and industrial fan, but damn did this game have an awesome soundtrack. Still got the original retail disc too so you can listen to them in good ol' Audio CD mode.

When you first landed on Strogg at the start and then this starts up ...... :fyea:

When this one fires up on in-game demos.
Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

:fyea:

Whilst running around the Red Light District looking for some sailors, I run into a group of shady dudes that want to start a fight. We go to an empty parking lot and......

After Virtua Fighting their asses, I head on over to the slot house for some gambling.......

Still gambling into the night, I load up the jukebox for some tunes!

It's getting late, I need to go home now.

On the way home I pop into a 24/7 store...

That's my adventure for today. :LOL:
Dank Buttsen

HomerRugliaBeoulve
Custom Rank: Video Game Vlogger

Video game music anyone?

Post by HomerRugliaBeoulve »

To open this topic, I would like to present one of Yasunori Mitsuda's classic song in his discography: