Your Latest Trophy/Achievement

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

.:Someone Else:.

Re: Your Latest Trophy/Achievement

Post by .:Someone Else:. »

Haha I can understand that people hate achievements/trophies, that's fine with me ^^

But I must admit that before getting into this, I basically never finished games in hard/very hard (except for GOW 1 and 2) cause there was absolutely no reward, now at least I have a little gling and I can think "Yeah, I've done it!"

But even as a huge trophy/achievo collector, yes, some are just lame XD and hell of a time consuming.
Bye y'all, was fun while it lasted
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

I don't have an issue with acheevos themselves, it's probably that there is no consistency. Not all Achievements are 'achievements' Avatar, anyone? :lol: Some truly are achievements while others, WTF... plus throw into the mix some require various online conditions... >_>

It used to if I didn't complete a game, I just didn't play advance difficulties, now I somehow have a pending incomplete task just because I'm not skilled enough or don't have enough time to actually undertake daunting or monotonous practices.
Arch-vile
Custom Rank: Negative Creep

Post by Arch-vile »

OniRaitei wrote: I think I can keep you company in that regard. My gamerscore on XBox 360 is 111,955. That might qualify me as one, but I don't really have time to do it anymore. :|
:shock: WOW! You're one of the few people I've seen with a gamerscore that high! My gs is 65,050 with 17 games 100% completed. I use to be addicted to getting achievements, but I don't have the time or motivation to do it anymore.
OniRaitei

Post by OniRaitei »

For the 360 and PS3, developers are required to include achievements/trophies in games now. Microsoft and Sony have some basic guidelines for the achievements/trophies, but for the most part the developers just do whatever. Sometimes they get creative with the achievements, and sometimes they just do those super easy ones just to meet the requirement of having them.

And yes, Avatar lol! 30 seconds = 1000 gamerscore. You spend more time watching the opening cut scene than it takes to get all 5 achievements.
Arch-vile wrote: :shock: WOW! You're one of the few people I've seen with a gamerscore that high! My gs is 65,050 with 17 games 100% completed. I use to be addicted to getting achievements, but I don't have the time or motivation to do it anymore.
I know the number seems high, but there are tons of people with 300k+ gamerscore. I accumulated my score over a period of 5 years, so when you consider that, it really isn't that high. There are actually a few people out there who are actively racing to get 1,000,000 gamerscore!

These days I save my achievement getting attention for the games I really, really like. Those games are the ones I will try to get to 100%.
Arch-vile
Custom Rank: Negative Creep

Post by Arch-vile »

How far are they from reaching a million?

There were only a few games that I was really determined to complete. Just Cause, Doom, Fallout 3(including DLC), Shadow Complex, ES IV Oblivion, and Borderlands(not counting DLC). Some XBLA games like Gunstar Heroes, Daytona USA, Afterburner Climax, the Monkey Island games, Castlevania SOTN/HD and Pacman CE DX were very easy to get and took little time. I wanted to complete Sonic Generations but I stopped playing it with only 2 achievements left to get.
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

300k+ people must have played 300-ish games then, or maybe more if they aren't all 100%. 1K Gamerscore for each game lol.
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

lol don't want to know what those kids/people look like in real life :ggl:
ProtocolX27
Porter

Post by ProtocolX27 »

semory wrote:lol don't want to know what those kids/people look like in real life :ggl:
Cave Troll anyone?
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

yeah, exactly. after busting a new game for a few days my eyes get baggy, my butt hurts, my shoulders start to sag... or is that just getting old? :D can't imagine what would happen if i did that every day.
ProtocolX27
Porter

Post by ProtocolX27 »

No, some games can cause just that much physical stress since they're so painful to play :XD: