What features would you like in future games of a franchise?

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

ssringo

Re: What features would you like in future games of a franch

Post by ssringo »

.:Someone:. wrote:Better looking males in almost evry game and less senseless female NPCs that are just there for jiggling with boobs and moaning around^^
Yeah guys will disagree but when i compare older games (2005-2006) with latest ones i facepalm
I'm a guy and I totally disagree with less jiggling boobs. :lol:

Actually, I rather agree with you for the most part. Males are largely generic with little in the way of personality. I mean, how many memorable male characters from games in recent years can you think of off the top of your head? One immediately came to mind (Solid Snake) and I had to think for a minute to come up with a few more. It's not that they're all forgettable, it's that they're not memorable.

Less pointless females would be fine too. As a guy, I'm pretty much fine with fan service but I'd much rather it be from females that actually serve some other purpose than to be oogled. Same with movies for that matter. Though I have to ask this: where does DoA (and other fighting games) stand in that regard? The females are really sexed up and the game(s) certainly give you some skimpy outfits for them. Fighting games aren't really known for having much of a story anyways so there's not much of a story purpose.

Just some food for thought. I love me some skimpy dressed female fighters and don't want a change :hug:
ran76

Post by ran76 »

.:Someone Else:. wrote: Geek dream : if there is another Batman game by rocksteady, I'd pay to be able to wrap the cape around B-man...and just stand there, watching the city...and like that would create special stuning attacks, pary, whatever...gawd do I want it...
almost like the cloak Frodo and Sam had in Lord of the Rings? I like it!
Demons run when a good man go to war.
Deathwine
Custom Rank: Wario

Post by Deathwine »

I'd like more First Person Shooters to have more "AI Infighting". I don't know why but I always chuckle whenever an enemy that wants me dead goes after his own allies because they accidentally friendly fired him. (See Borderlands and Doom)
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

ssringo wrote:
.:Someone:. wrote:Better looking males in almost evry game and less senseless female NPCs that are just there for jiggling with boobs and moaning around^^
Yeah guys will disagree but when i compare older games (2005-2006) with latest ones i facepalm
Actually, I rather agree with you for the most part. Males are largely generic with little in the way of personality.

Less pointless females would be fine too. As a guy, I'm pretty much fine with fan service but I'd much rather it be from females that actually serve some other purpose than to be oogled.
I'd love to see more character depth for both genders. There's a lot of potential for characters to have that without looks alone.

I'm so sick of shooters with boring story lines, Master Chief being one. I loved the Halo franchise for a long time, but I'm ready for the main protagonist to actually get, ya know, a personality. I think Gears' Delta Squad brings a lot more personality due to banter and personality differences.

The same for female leads. I hear a lot about Alyx Vance even though I'm not a Half Life fan, but it shows that fan service isn't the only way to make a compelling / attractive female character. Mass Effect pulled it off with a lot of female characters, Bastila from Kotor is another.