Nuances of the Fighting Genre

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Re: Nuances of the Fighting Genre

Post by iheartibuki »

Retail is US$39.99 and is PS4 only according to Buttcom-Unity. :LOL: Then again, they said the same thing about vanilla and they actually released a physical disc for PC in Europe. Hoping for the same for AE because I collect these things.

Buttcom did miss one important opportunity here though: update Ken's mug! :pi:
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

Dang, the Taiwan Fighters (TWF) tournament really put ANIMEDESU players on notice.

Kazunoko vs Dogura in GGXrd Rev2. Kaz wins.

Kazunoko vs Dogura in SFV. :doge: gets his revenge clawing back from losers (Eliminating the SF God's Daigo and Haitani in the process) and takes his first major SFV win. :o (And he's recently become a family man too) :lol:

If Cammy had an overhead, I'm sure it would've been much easier, otherwise, Urien's Aegis shenanigans is too much. :lol:

Oh .... and another T7 win for JDCR! :yawn: :LOL:
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

:snathink: :snathink: :snathink:
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

MVCI ...... UMVC3 style. :oh:

For me it really does look better since the harsh comic book style lines and borders gives everything more definition, just like in UMvC3. :mis:

Of course you can already see the major flaws with this mod in that it doesn't work well with transparencies anywhere, hence the see through lines and hit effects being black and white, so that certainly needs to be worked on. But still ..... the modders are getting there. :evillaugh:
Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Not really huge surprises for their inclusion, but still .... :yes:

Always was a fan of Ultimate/Mystic Gohan since he had so much potential but was so underutilised.

Course with the current Super series, he's just a bitch now. :runcry: :LOL:

I do hope he gets his Great Saiyaman and Kaoshin costumes as well, assuming the game will even allow for that since it's looking pretty basic with everyone in just their defaults. :okay:
Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

So that's where Laura Bailey went. :LOL: :okay:

Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

:oh: It's finarry here!

UE4 and yet they still manage to retain the SCIV/V artstyle and aesthetic. But the music especially. :yes:

Much fuck you to SCV. :mis: :evillaugh:

And finnarry PEE SEA! :yes:

I predict time travel soft reboot BS to get the series back on track again. :mis:
Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

PlayStation Blog pretty much confirms that SCVI is a soft reboot.
The epic battle rages on as the greatest warriors continue their search for the legendary Soul Swords. Set in the 16th Century, the latest chapter will revisit events from the original Soul Calibur to uncover hidden secrets. Each player will soon come to realize that, History hides away more than one truth
I hope it means no meters and good ol' gameplay where you can parry and sword clash WITHOUT using meter. Critical Arts looks to remain, but that to me is fine.

And if they want to pad out single player content, Chronicles of the Sword style feature would be good for it.
Dank Buttsen

iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

Maybe they'll be done in a similar fashion to RAs in Tekken 7? Or maybe have it activated based on location in your life meter.

I hope they don't do the same shit they did with Lost Swords as that was really atrocious.

Curious as to what customization will be like though, I hope they don't gimp it like they've done with Tekken over the years. :(
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Lost Swords was just a BS gimmicky version of SCV any way. The more we stay clear of that game the better.

Sure I liked some aspect of SCV, but the "Soul" of the series itself equally died and they took away the simple fun that the older games had.

And as for customisation, not even the previous games have topped SCIII yet, so that's something they need to beat otherwise they really are idiots. Especially if it's leused and lamer assets hidden behind DLC again. :fdat:
Dank Buttsen