Nuances of the Fighting Genre

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Re: Nuances of the Fighting Genre

Post by iheartibuki »

I hope KOF 14 gets into the Steam Summer sale. :ugeek:
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

June 22nd is when Steam Summer Sale starts, and with it being a week after the game's launch, not likely to make any difference. If anything, the current pre-order discount is probably the best sale it will get in a while. :LOL:
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

It really looks like some fan made flash game mished mashed of assets from previous games.

So not only did they reuse the crappy HDR artstyle, but now they even pull the sound and voice effects from SFIV? :wat: :fdat: :LOL:

I quite dig some of the remixed tracks since it has that classic 90's CD arranged chill and relax sound style to them and they are much more faithful than those horrible OC ReMix tracks from HDR that's for sure.
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Nice throwback to a fantastic game (Still the best one for me) and universally praised as one of the best launch titles ever and with general 10/10 perfect scores, probably still the only fighting game ever to get that regard.

I still have my near 18-year old save game on a VMU for this. :LOL:
Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Finally the full talk has been uploaded for anyone interested in seeing Buttcom's direction for the SFV's artstyle (Which would also apply for SFIV and SFxT).

NRS could take a few tips when it comes to animation (And other areas). :evillaugh: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

To be in my early childhood to teens all over again. :feel:

Apart from the 3DS game, not since the SNES/PS1 era can I even remember a 2D DBZ fighting game (And even then they weren't exactly that great :pi: ). But to have ArcSystem and using the GGXRD style + 3v3 Vs gameplay? :oh: :faphand:

Dank Buttsen

iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

Quite frankly the Super Famicom games were OK and fun. My friends and I played the hell out of Super Butoden 2 on the Super Famicom in our high school days. :LOL:

So is this always 3 v 3 like UMvC?

FYI they're still airing episodes of Super and Z Kai (final chapters) on Toonami here in the US.
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Butoden 3 and Hyper Dimension was my shit.

It was fun back in the day sure, but you look back at it now, animations and controls were stiff as fuck. :lol:

And really, the only reason to play these games is not for the crappy fighting mechanics, but to play a game of "let's full power charge and then fire full screen beams at each other and see who can mash the hardest". :LOL:

Hyper Dimension still looks damn good and given it was a game at the end of life on the SNES, it had fantastic art and sprite work. Plus being able to play as Ultimate/Mystic Gohan. Such a wasted character in the end though during DBZ's run. :(

I can really care less about Super since everything I read and see bits of it is just stupid as hell. DBZ is where it all ends for me and will be left in the past.
Dank Buttsen

raidergale
Porter
Custom Rank: Marie's my waifu kthx

Post by raidergale »

:LOL:
Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Post by Vonman »

that actually looks really fukin cool! :o

now i wish xenoverse would have this graphics, effect and animation quality as well.