Nuances of the Fighting Genre

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Re: Nuances of the Fighting Genre

Post by MisterHentai »

Here's DBFZ's chill and rocking Lobby music.

:yes:

And random gameplay footage from the closed beta itself showing how "cute" the lobby system is. :LOL:

:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Munstah Waifu. :LOL:

Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

QUAIRTY character interaction and story telling! :LOL:

Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Man, say what you want about how crappy looking the artstyle for MvCI is, but damn it's one hell of a spectacle in high level play and is less BS than UMVC3.

(Well, kind of. Seems like any character with near full screen beam supers are the best characters at the moment e.g. Ultron, Dormammu, Captain Marvel. :lol: )

The format for the Battle of the Stones tournament series is a really good idea and interesting way to go about it too.

Tournament for the Space Stone happened just now at SCR2017 and this is the benefit for the winner come the major finals.

Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

MVCI's soundtrack is pretty meh to be honest. There are a few decent tracks, but for the most part, it just feels like lazy and cinematic trash music.

They always had a tradition of remixing themes for the Marvel characters since the older 90's games, but this time, they went in a different direction. :okay:

Not only that, for characters that were introduced in MVC3/UMVC3, they just got worse. :wat:

Take Nova for example. He had for me, one of the sickest themes from UMVC3, with a heavy synth style, very Saturday morning epic superhero show feel and a catchy and actual melody....

And then there is this generic :wtf: ... :wat: ? :fdat:

And take a new character like Gamora. It sounds like it belongs in Split/Second! :LOL: :fdat:

Dank Buttsen

ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

I'm curious to try this out on PC, but after listening to the sample showcase of voice actors in the game, I don't think I can stomach the cringe worthiness of it all, :lol:
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

The VA is mostly cringe when in Story mode because the huge majority of the cast and/or character replacements from previous games definitely sound like they are phoning it in and not giving a shit. :pi:

With such horrible written dialogue and slow this-is-so-young-children-can-understand pacing and delivery as well, it really is not surprising to be honest. :LOL:

In the actual gameplay part though, most of the time it's fine and works for the game. :pi:

Hilariously for me, it's the major villan characters that put the most effort into it i.e. Ultron, Thanos and Jedah. :)

After a while I even grew to Ashly Birch being Chun and Hulk's nicknames for everyone is kind of cute. :LOL:

Unanimously the worst is Spencer. Why the fuck is he even in the game since he was practically useless in the story to the point it got ridiculed and meme'd to death, and the his voice, my fucking god i.e. select him on the character menu screen and listen to that MUCH wonderful delivery! :facepalm:

It really is so sad that this is Buttcom's MK vs DC. The quality of presentation and production is that far behind. :facepalm:

Gameplay though, it is actually a fantastic game, but it will be really difficult to look for that for most people. :(
Dank Buttsen

MarioSonicU
Custom Rank: New Flesh in town

Post by MarioSonicU »

Kind of sad once you realize that Spencer is voiced by the same guy who played one of the best DBZ villians ever, Cell.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Indeed.

He's also Rolento since USFIV/SFxT as well.

I also felt his Spencer sounded much better in UMvC3. Here, he just sounds more ...... douchey? Especially with the character select line. Just :wat: were they thinking. :LOL:
Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Almost 2 years in the making. :evillaugh: :LOL:

Still, hopefully the retail package for newcomers will be reasonably priced and maybe ....... just MAYBE ...... this is a turn around for Buttcom especially in the casual eyes and them as a company "with direction" overall. :pi:

And of course, there will always be idiots that will complain about everything, so putting this here and if reading comprehension or common sense is lacking ..... then :facepalm:
From the beginning, we promised that youÔÇÖll only need to purchase the original Street Fighter V, which weÔÇÖre sticking to. All the new gameplay-related content ÔÇô Arcade Mode, Extra Battle Mode, a second V-Trigger, the Gallery, and more ÔÇô will be available as part of a free in-game update for current players! Those who donÔÇÖt currently have Street Fighter V can purchase Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition for $39.99, and it will include everything we mentioned above.
A brief summary of all the new info and changes at their CFN website , especially the UI changes which whilst not a huge departure, at least isn't as bland anymore i.e. no more basic white text fonts.
Dank Buttsen