Tomb Raider series

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Re: Tomb Raider series

Post by MisterHentai »

It's just a regular release.

It's just has support on Windows 10 and is avaliable on the Windows Store. :lol:

They also recently announced it sold "well-over" the 1 million mark too. :LOL:
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

That's good.

There's been some PC titles of interest, but sadly MS is being Win 10 exclusive for their 1st party stuff.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

"Because DirectX 12 is the shit YO!" - M$
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

Hehe good thing I've made the jump. Been on W10 for about 2 months now and loving it. My audio problems from before have also disappeared. Even with icon bugs I'd take this over the old W7P I had on this machine.
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Still prefer the Windows 7's classic control panel and folder accessibility views though.

Sure whilst you can still access the old GUI, the fact that they are hidden behind the incredibly new dumbed down interfaces of Window 10 is just sad. :pi:

Even the built-in Mail app is evident of that, and then again, just the whole "App" mentality in general. :facepalm:
Dank Buttsen

iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

Hmmm, I didn't have that "tablet" view with the tiles on default when I installed it. I just start up the machine, put my password in and it's pretty much the same view and gui I had on W7, just slightly different. Of course you do have the tiled boxes when you press the start (now Windows logo) button, control panel is still there, just called settings. It's still very familiar, it took me less than 30 minutes to get used to everything when I used it for the first time. Before with W7P my audio would become unstable over time, it would skip and I'd get some weird feedback when listening to music and multi tasking. Now it's all been smooth. I also haven't turned my machine off (just goes to sleep) for over a month now and it still works great. W10 is definitely more stable than W7P has ever been for me. In fact, gramps was my guinea pig before I went for it, so for somebody who's overly critical like him to like W10 is definitely something. :LOL:

I also like the concept of having apps, I have multiple Yahoo and GMail addresses so this works great for me.
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Yeah I'm not on about the Metro interface, but rather as you pointed out, Settings, aka the new Control Panel. I hate it. I prefer the old-school classic version which you can still go to and where everything is laid out and is still hilariously faster to access and get what you want. None of this dumbed down fancy shmancy phone/tablet button tab BS.

Your previous sound problem seems more like a DPC issue, and upgrading to Windows 10 gave the O/S and/or drivers a semi-fresh install and therefore fixed the problem. ......For now. :LOL:
Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Totally missed this as I've been so focused Doragon :doge: -maing. :mis:

Minimum system specs for Rise of teh Butt Layer have been posted on it's Steam page.
Processor: Intel Core i3-2100 or AMD equivalent
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 650 2GB or AMD HD7770 2GB
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 25 GB available space
Dank Buttsen

raidergale
Porter
Custom Rank: Marie's my waifu kthx

Post by raidergale »

Yeah, that's basically XBO levels so I doubt it'll scale as far as the 360 version :LOL:
Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Post by Vonman »

if theres a way to see if my PC can run this game at max settings id definitely pick it up :LOL: