Musou Series/Omega Force

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Re: Musou Series/Omega Force

Post by MisterHentai »

Zhao Yun being the poster boy because JAPAN and fujoshi. :LOL:

And since the Romance novel has always been Shu-centric, it makes sense.

Seeing as the standard Musou style has been dated for a long time now and strategy is something that they've done for much longer as well, I think it's nice that they try to make new things and combine the two for something more varied.

Hell, the most ideal way is if they can finally stop milking the damn games out and produce an all-in-one package. Getting sick and tired of the XL and Empires stuff being seperate. The series itself needs to evolve instead of being stuck in PS2 era.

More screenies.

ImageImageImage

Also, I only just found a live-action movie was announced last month and is set for release in 2018. :LOL:

Going to be directed and scripted by the same people who made this so it could be something. :snathink:

:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Post by Vonman »

Actually, they wanted to make an all-in-one package before... like an expansion where you can upgrade the game. but then Capcom interfered and threatened to sue them cus its their idea or something... i cant remember all the details it was a veeery long time ago :? thus since then they had to release Xtreme Legends and Empires as separate game (but can still be connected via crossplay etc.)
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Yes I remember that from a couple years ago. Apparently Capcom had some patent since 2002 that deals with the way games will incorporate new content expansion, DLC and save games etc.

Honestly, they were completely full of shit since MANY other games have done this long before and after since then, so why they were targeting Koei Tecmo only was really stupid. Most likely because it's patent law within Japan only, but even then, so dumb. And given that this was back during the time when Capcom was deep in the gutter with their financial situation, it just screamed of desperation.

No idea if the matter even got settled since it's been all quiet since then, and both companies have just carried on as usual.

Again, what a complete load of tripe.

Still, that doesn't excuse the fact that KT/OF couldn't just build an all-in-one game straight off the bat instead of milking it along. And obviously whilst they won't, they seriously do need to evolve, overhaul and produce a better product instead of the same shit for like the past 15 years or so. Typical archaic Japanese development 101.

I mean hey, I like the games and all, but I ain't no blind narrow minded dumbass fanboy. :P
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Post by Vonman »

well if it aint broken, why fix it? isnt that game development 101? :LOL:

im kinda fine with game being separated. normally i only go for the Empires spinoff, i dont buy DW or Extreme Legends with the exception of Samurai Warriors. its like ordering a burger and getting to choose the option of Big Mac, Quarter Pounder and Big n Tasty.

but yeah theyre gonna overhaul the series now, just last year the producer admit hes getting sick of making the same shit all over again, so the next musou games gonna get a complete makeover now from every aspects. DW9 might take longer to release.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Because this is an example of your typical Japan inwards game development and there's a reason why they get alot of flak when they struggle to keep up with the current generation. They can only ponder towards their own audience for so long and given how oh-so-well the industry and consumer base is doing there .... HAH!

It's funny how some of their other games and ones that have also been long missed, either have some better ideas or mechanics, yet they never fully explored or taken them and made more of it.

One thing that really disappoints me in the Musou games is how mounted horse/cavalry battles are portrayed. They are just very simple and basic novelties for your player character. I want to see a massive full scale implementations of battles focused just on those, because they are very important and integral components in both the Three Kingdoms and Sengoku histories. Kessen and even Dazlan portray the look of cavarly quite well and if they can just take that and apply it to the Musou formula, it could be more epic.

The ground based melee combat style that the games have been doing for so long is very stale. And adding flashy looking combos and special moves doesn't hide the fact it is very dated.
Dank Buttsen

Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

Vonman wrote:DW9 might take longer to release.
I don't think that's entirely true. They have already said it's in development and there is supposed to be a big reveal this year (if that recently revealed game isn't the big reveal)
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
DIO
Custom Rank: The World Over Heaven

Post by DIO »

So on the 13th a New Musou Game is going to be announced and Omega Force said it be the most 'evil' musou

Some People Assume its Berserk Musou due to the Berserk Anime coming out next month

but i rather get a Hellsing Musou

here is the site's link

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/omega_new/
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
king.neko212
Porter
Custom Rank: Why?

Post by king.neko212 »

omg never knew hentai starred in a game :o
fatslacker
Custom Rank: Noobster

Post by fatslacker »

Damn! That teaser trailer's so much better than that craptastic CGI fuckfest of a trilogy.
Unpersoned