Virtua Fighter series

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Virtua Fighter series

Post by MisterHentai »

Thought I might as well may this thread to give the series some love, especially since it is very underrated outside of Japan, and generally always had the stigma of being too difficult and technical compared to the other well known 3D fighting games.

Any way, had a nice session with Arch earlier on Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown. The Lobby System was quite confusing at first for something that is incredibly simple and basic. Online play was pretty nice and smooth so that was good, and is definitely needed for a game like this.

Took a while to readjust to the game too. All that DOA5 playing has certainly made things felt wierd. Kept trying to do DOA5 Pai Chan specific stuff and was wondering why nothing was working :lol: . And man the Bryant siblings, I forgot that their "Flash Kicks" are generally unsafe, but do retarded amounts of damage, Jacky especially, it's like anywhere from 1/3 to 1/2 HP down already. :lol:
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Arch-vile
Custom Rank: Negative Creep

Re: Virtua Fighter series

Post by Arch-vile »

It's going to be tough getting back into this game. I couldn't even remember any of Jacky's combos. Hell, even when i played as Sarah I was mashing buttons like a damn fool. Maybe i should go back to Call of Doody. :pi:
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

As OP as he is, I could only do his basic stuff, including his retarded flash kick. :lol:
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Arch-vile

Post by Arch-vile »

:lol: It just sucked that I had to try and figure out his combos during the match. He and Sarah were always my mains. At least I put up a somewhat decent fight whenever I was her.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Yeah at least Sarah is fast and has good frame traps, which still applies for her DOA5 version. Jacky is like, let me just do a few moves and I will already take all your HP. :lol:
Dank Buttsen

Arch-vile

Post by Arch-vile »

Yeah. :lol: I need to spend a lot of time with them in practice mode. But, I just can't remember all these move like I use to.
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

I'll sit here and talk smack form the safety of my keyboard :fyea:

When I attempted 5 on training with Kage I was overwhelmed. :shock: After not having touched the series since VF1 on the Saturn... :lol:

Best of luck :thumbup: :LOL:
Arch-vile

Post by Arch-vile »

:lol: VF sure has changed since the Saturn days. On VF2, I could pick Lau, Pai, Lion, Sarah and Jacky and do quite well. When I got VF4 on the PS2, I mainly focused on the Bryants. It's was just too much for my feeble brain to remember. :XD:
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

VF and VF2, they were so stiff, it's like only one kick to the head and 1/3 of life is gone.

We ought to try VF2 online as well just for some laughs. Floaty jumps galore! The soundtrack is still also really good, and I use it for VF5FS as well.
Dank Buttsen

Arch-vile

Post by Arch-vile »

That sounds cool, haven't played it much since I bought it. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get on this afternoon, but I'll try. It does have good music although I wish Sega included the remixed soundtrack that the Saturn version had.

I would love it if Sega re-released Fighters Megamix. That game ruled!