Microsoft's "Illumiroom"

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

Bluej97
Porter
Custom Rank: Porter

Microsoft's "Illumiroom"

Post by Bluej97 »

What do you guys think ? In my opinion I think it's really cool and amazing, but tbh I think it's also a waste of cash :?
"FRESSHU BAKED DESU CHAN STIXXXLUV EXXXCLUSIVE PREORDER NOW!"
-RoXXXeh-
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Re: Microsoft's "Illumiroom"

Post by ProtocolX27 »

Cool concept albeit the verdict is out on how gimmick-y it is. That could really ramp up the immersion of a game, or it could be an utter waste if a developer doesn't put enough thought into it. :(
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

That does actually look really cool, but will be incredibly expensive for both a developer and the customer.
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
raidergale
Porter
Custom Rank: Marie's my waifu kthx

Post by raidergale »

I agree, I think it's a bit too early for stuff like that... normal projectors still cost quite a lot, right? I can't even imagine how much a projector with a room scanning device would cost :pi:

Wait, that's actually done by the Kinect right? So that's going to be even more expensive D:
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

That's why there's a lot of heat about Microsoft rumored to included a Kinect 2.0 in every next get package.

I don't know about the projector tech used for illumiroom, but regular projector tech has come down. I have a portable one ie pocket sized even for around $300. It's capable of 1080p. I don't see M$ including that kind of tech with a system, but it's definitely more feasible now than previous.

But yes that definitely inflates development costs for questionable benefit.