Mirror's Edge 2

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

Runa

Mirror's Edge 2

Post by Runa »

I'm just too happy http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... B4ZZ-2xVWE

I thought it was only a rumor, after four years there was no sign of ME2... but now it definitely is official! Faith looks amazing and I already know that I will want the model in my XNALara collection XD

Anyway, considering that Faith just got her tattoos, I suppose this game will be a prequel. I wished it was a sequel, but still I will be happy to play it. I've read some ME comics where Faith met Merc for the first time and all, so I'm sure it's gonna be nice. I just hope they won't put 2D cutscenes anymore... not that I didn't like them in the first game, but you know... CG is better!

I'm also glad I've played this game only recently, so that I didn't have to wait all this time like many people did :pi: not that the game will be available soon, but still.
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Re: Mirror's Edge 2

Post by Dazzy »

YES BETCH! GONNA BE EPICSAUCE!
but Faith looks amazing. I played the game last year and have been waiting for this reveal and now its finally happening, and at the same conference as Star Wars Battlefront was revealed, that was my dream come true :inlove:
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
ObscureMemories
Custom Rank: I'm a lil' bit Super!

Post by ObscureMemories »

From what I heard it's a reboot.

Sucks really. Would have been nice to just follow the original story not remake it.
Look at me! I'm on a high horse!

Runa

Post by Runa »

Yeah and also Dragon Age 3!

The only bad thing about Mirror's Edge is that the first game was too damn short (I mean, only 9 missions, seriously??), so I also hope that the new one will have at least five more missions!
Anyway Faith's design looks very cool, she was already pretty before, but with this haircut and outfit she's even more epic imo.

Plus, I'd like to see something about Jacknife too. We don't know that much about him, nor what exactly he meant to Faith before turning into the bad guy. Same for Merc.

@Steve: Oh really? Another reboot? Weird. I mean, why calling it Mirror's Edge 2, then? DmC is a reboot, but they didn't call it Devil May Cry 5. Many people just call it like that because it was made after DMC4 and on youtube they named the gameplays DMC5 for an easier find. Anyway, a reboot for Mirror's Edge should have been called differently... eg Mirror's Ege "something" or whatever.

As I said I was hoping for a sequel too, but the teaser shows a (very hot) guy tattooing her, so it might also be a simple prequel...
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
raidergale
Porter
Custom Rank: Marie's my waifu kthx

Post by raidergale »

It's simply called "Mirror's Edge" though, not Mirror's Edge 2 :P

I can't wait for this, I really liked the first one, I hope they won't ruin it with excessive combat :pi:
Runa

Post by Runa »

lol yeah, but everywhere is called ME2 XD

But if this is gonna be a reboot for real I'm afraid many people will definitely complain :\ I mean, they waiting four years for a new confirmed Mirror's Edge and instead of a sequel they get a reboot. The shit that happened with DmC will come again :lol:

True that they didn't even change her design at all, except the different haircut and the jacket over her top, but the rest looks pretty much the same. Even if this is gonna be a reboot for real, I will play it because I don't care. Yes, wished for a sequel, but still. For now I like thinking about it like a simple prequel...
raidergale
Porter
Custom Rank: Marie's my waifu kthx

Post by raidergale »

Honestly, either a sequel, prequel or reboot is fine by me, as long as they keep the original game's strenghts :pi: Mirror's Edge was pretty self-conclusive anyway, so I didn't really feel the need of a direct sequel :XD:
thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Post by thePWA »

Just saw the teaser on youtube. Love the first person view of melee/grapple combat, games dont do enough of that.

Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!
Runa

Post by Runa »

Kinda true.

...Possible BIG spoilers for the ones who didn't play the first game and would like to give it a shot....

Merc is dead ( :cry: ) and Faith saved her sister killing Jacknife (pity, he was a pretty hot evil guy XD and also interesting character, if I might add) and discovering the truth about Celeste. It would be just nice to see what Faith is actually going to do now. She might continue to be a runner or simply quit that job, now that her mentor is no longer alive.

Anyway, I won't argue about a prequel/reboot, since this game is pretty awesome in general. It's true that this is pretty unique because of the first person system and the breathtaking scenaries (and the first game was released in 2008, think about it now with even better graphics!).

What I want though, is a real story about the characters. The first ME was not clear, they mentioned a fall that kept Faith out of business for a while, Merc was clearly her boss, guide and only friend and Jacknife was someone well known before.
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

Perhaps the whole tattoo thing in the CG cutscene is just a flashback seeing how she got it and all that.

Even "Halo 5" was revealed just as "Halo" at the Microsoft conference, so no surprise if this is "Mirror's Edge 2" but they reveal it like this to get the attention of the press and fans going.

"Star Wars: Battlefront" is the same too.
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather