Dragon's Crown

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Re: Dragon's Crown

Post by MisterHentai »

Joystiq
Atlus provided the following statement from President and CEO Naoto Hiraoka: "Currently, Index Digital Media, Inc. and the Atlus brand are unaffected by the Index Corporation proceedings in Japan. We're carrying on day-to-day activities, business as usual. Shin Megami Tensei IV and Dragon's Crown are still releasing on July 16 and August 6 respectively, and we're licensing and publishing third-party titles such as R.I.P.D: The Game and Daylight. We want to thank all of our fans for their outpouring of support."
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
d19xx
Custom Rank: Lurker

Post by d19xx »

Good to know that their US office is unaffected.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Interesting to know that this game was designed originally for the Dreamcast.
DragonÔÇÖs Crown has been in Vanillaware president George KamitaniÔÇÖs mind for well over a decade. The game was originally planned for Dreamcast, but instead of the detailed 2D artwork the game is now known for DragonÔÇÖs Crown used 3D models.

Eventually, the female warrior design would be the base for Fantasy Earth Zero, a Square Enix PC game that Kamitani worked on as the art director.
Image Image

Siliconera
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

:ggl: :ggl: :ggl:
Dank Buttsen

Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

I think the developers were horny :ggl: :LOL:
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Well after all the troubles Index Corporation was having, Sega bought them out. :o
ItÔÇÖs officialÔÇöSega have acquired Index Corporation, the parent company of Atlus. Sega Dream Corporation, a new subsidiary, has been formed to handle all of Index CorporationÔÇÖs business operations. Sega Dream Corporation is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sega Corporation which is a subsidiary of Sega Sammy Holdings.

Sega has been distributing IndexÔÇÖs games including Shin Megami Tensei IV and Persona 4 Golden since 2012. In fact, there was a small Atlus area in SegaÔÇÖs Tokyo Game Show booth last year.

The acquisition gives Sega all of Index Corporations intellectual property including Etrian Odyssey, Snowboard Kids, Shin Megami Tensei, and Persona. All of the IP was one reason Sega purchased Index. Sega also plans to leverage the Index IPs to fuel growth in the PC online game business and smartphone sectors. The company also plans to utilize IndexÔÇÖs IPs by making pachinko and pachislot machines, which are SammyÔÇÖs specialty. Not too surprising, since there is already a Persona 4 pachislot machine.
So yeah, not a entirely a bad thing and makes perfect sense.
Dank Buttsen

Arch-vile
Custom Rank: Negative Creep

Post by Arch-vile »

So who's planning on getting this when it's released in Europe? I've been playing online with my brother and friend for a while now and it's a blast. Lots of sexy artwork to unlock too. :XD:
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Should be out in Europe finally next Friday.

Don't know if I may wait a little longer though. :pi:
Dank Buttsen

Arch-vile
Custom Rank: Negative Creep

Post by Arch-vile »

Whenever you do get it, we should play together. I do like how the last update added colored markers underneath your character. The screen gets pretty chaotic at times and it's easy to lose track of yourself, especially when playing people with the same character as you.