Star Wars: Battlefront

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Re: Star Wars: Battlefront

Post by MisterHentai »

Completely forgot about this advert/commercial. :pi:

Probably one of the best made gaming ads currently or ever, due to how it invokes all that magic childhood nostalgia that many Star Wars fans and gamers now in their adulthood can related to.

:feel:

I still have these in a box......somewhere. :LOL: :runcry:

:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

And here is EA's live action trailer.

:snathink:

I dunno.........

The instant impression for me makes it seem kind of creepy that people are vanishing and then being trapped in a videogame forced into killing each other?

I mean, that ain't no one with the Force death!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

So after a few weeks since release and the initial hype, my personal opinion on this ........ what a complete load of lack of game horse shit!

To get the good out of the way, the graphics and sound are amazing. Has been since the beta, but that is it! :pi:

The lack of maps, game modes and the really dumb progression system, what the fuck kind of casual game is this? Not to mention conning people into getting the Deluxe whatever special editions or the DLC Season Pass crap for more (Lack of) content ...... whatever! :fdat:

All flash and no substance. A typical EA game! :facepalm:

And with their monopoly on Star Wars related games for the forseeable future, FUCK .... THAT! :fdat:

Moral of the story, go back to Battlefront II. A superior game from... A DECADE AGO! :facepalm:

The Rogue Squadron (Epic space battles) and Jedi Knight (Lightsaber battles) series still have much better and actual real Star Wars gameplay than this tripe.
Dank Buttsen

Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Post by Vonman »

guess youre on the hatewagon now! :LOL:

i knew the game was gonna be shit the moment i saw EA's evil logo and all the things they "removed" from the original Battlefronts... now its just "Battlefront" in the name. a shame really to see another great series and studio butchered by EA :rage:

id still play the ol Battlefront 1 & 2 anytime. i wish it still has multiplayer support its dirt cheap on steam now.
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

It's easy to play BF2 online, just get :yarrr: hamachi :fdat:
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

I've even said that EA has already ruined their mainstay Battlefield series from their past couple of games and to be honest, I was already skeptical in the first place and was hoping my love for Star Wars will just overshadow the bad.

In short bursts the game can still be amazing and you can have all the random old-school Battlefield/Battlefront hilarity quirkiness going. Unfortunately, the lack of longevity and real depth in the game just got too apparent.

Just like how the Battlefield series has gone to shit because they became too infantry focused, that mentality is still used for this game.

It's "Star Wars" so where the fuck are the epic space battles based maps/modes. :facepalm:
Dank Buttsen

Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Post by Vonman »

i cant believe how easily they fucked this up... i mean all they gotta do was sprinkle dat nice EA graphics on top of the old two games and boom! there you have it. :LOL:

but nooooo we gotta design the game for 8 years old cus then kiddies will buy this game they are many and they all poop cash!
.... no kidding about the 8 years old, just yesterday the developer came out clean and admit they designed the game with that target group in mind :pi:
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

I try not to get into 'see I told you so' situations on the internet since there's already enough people who know everything ( : lol : ? ) It's just one of those things that people have to discover on their own. EA has made some really pretty and fun stuff in the past, but they won't change. They make too much money to give a rip about long term consumer appreciation. It's why they received the Golden Poo award, and they just don't care.

I've been wise to their antics since 2008 when they started pulling plugs on multiplayer servers and turning quality franchises into bug infested abominations. Even though I won't give them a dime, it's a challenge not to ruin someone else's experience who still enjoys them (Daz ;) ) but yeah they won't change as long as they keep making money which is why I give some people are hard time about EA.
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

I enjoy it, even though I still extremely prefer BF1 and 2. Though I can't seem to play it for a long amount of time in one sitting because I begin to feel like I cba to play on lol, even though in BF2 i'd play for ages.
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.