Star Wars: Battlefront

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Re: Star Wars: Battlefront

Post by ProtocolX27 »

I'm just waiting for BF1 to pop up on Gog, I'm really not sure why I preferred that one to 2 for some reason.
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

Some of the "casualised" gameplay mechanics I actually do not mind since I prefer the game to be quite arcadey so that you can quickly get into the meat of the action. I mean after putting up with some of the BS you can get in the Battlefield games, I could do with a nice change of pace. The power up pick up mechanic though is very 50/50 depending. :pi:

It's mainly the lack of content, how the loadouts/progression is laid out and of course, the much EA business model that is all very evident for such a clusterfuck of a game.

Not a huge fan of the guy, but I just saw Angry Joe's review of the game and you know what, 99% of it I actually agree with him. :LOL:

:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

I was going to watch it, but the dude has seriously a one word vocabulary :rage:
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

FUCK!

SHIT!

BUTT!

Yes I added that last one. :mis:

But then honestly, one word is enough to describe this game. :evillaugh:
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

" :yes: "
Dank Buttsen

Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

Nice trailer, I like the look of the Jabba's Palace map. The two characters don't interest me that much, but Greedo looks cool with the last ability shown in the trailer. Not enough to make me buy it though, I'll see what the next DLC pack looks like lol.

The roll that the player did in the trailer surprised me though.. I guess that's being added in. Something that the original BF's had, nice.
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

Star Wars Battlefront Sequel Coming Next Year
EA confirmed the sequel to Star Wars Battlefront will be part of its line-up next year. Another Star Wars game, developed by Visceral and Motive, will release "most likely the following year," putting a tentative 2018 release window on the unnamed game.

The next Star Wars Battlefront game will have "bigger and better worlds," according to EA. The bigger worlds are credited to having "the new movies to work off of," rather than the "historical movies" in the current Star Wars Battlefront game.

In 2018, a Star Wars action game "part of the Motive team is working on," along with the team from Visceral is scheduled, but EA said it expects to release at least one Star Wars game per year "over the next 3 to 4 years."
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/s ... -next-year

It will apparently focus on the new movie content :think: I didn't think they would do that until after Episode 9.
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Post by Vonman »

game is on PSN sale now, i just got the ultimate edition finally at a umm... much more appropriate price :lol:

hope its still good
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

I had a go on the Rogue One: X-wing VR Mission earlier today and hory sheeet! :oh:

Sure it's not perfect e.g. the Star Destroyer scaling is really off which is a damn shame, but my god, if only more Star Wars games can be THIS aka the good old days! Like seriously ....... where the hell are they? :pi:

Was getting alot of Rogue Squadron flashbacks and it's practically been like 13 years since RSIII: Rebel Strike. :feel:

Fuck EA for having the monopoly on the Star Wars games license! :snarage:

When you think about it, there's actually been a lack of really great and varied Star Wars games within the past decade or so (I don't count the Lego games because BUTTCURR!). The majority of the great and classic ones were from the 90's to the early 2000's. :feel: :runcry:

I've been playing alot of Empire at War lately as well since Rogue One really got me back into the classic trilogy era again. I want my space war fighters and crusier pew pews and explosions!

If only RSII and RSIII got a HD re-release. :runcry:
Dank Buttsen

Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Post by Vonman »

play the rogue one DLC then :LOL:

sure its not perfect but its still fun for what it is.
only problem i had is EAs shitty server, its so frustrating when you fight like a champ then all of a sudden it disconnected and the achievements go to waste :feel: