Namco Bandai's F2P Approach

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Re: Namco Bandai's F2P Approach

Post by MisterHentai »

So after spending a bit more time with Ridge Racer: Driftopia, it's certainly a step up from the model that Tekken Revolution uses.

Play as much as you want so as long as you are careful not to completely crash your cars and waste all the Repair Kits to bring them back. If you complete a race, you are slowly rewarded with 1 Repair Kit each time, so you can slowly build up a stockpile of them to keep the game going.

Every 24 hours by time you log into the game, you will get a free Booster Pack Card for to use as well. As the name implies, they are small extra abilities to add to your car only for duration of the race.

But dang, some of the real money stuff is too costly. :shock:
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

BTW Ace Combat: Infinity is out now at a 3.2GB download. It's got co-op missions too so let's see how well this game will work out.
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

how are the load times hahahaha?
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Dunno since I ain't downloaded it yet. But seeing as it works the same as the other games with the constant DRM connected online thing, probably no different. :P

Still, it's some old school Ace Combat in this one so hopefully it has some potential and is actually a decent product from all this F2P nonsense.
Dank Buttsen

iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

I want to fly an F-15C! :shock:
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

I dled it, the load times arent bad for campaign, but they do some info stuff before you start a mission, like a cutscene thing. But i havent tried co-op, that might take longer to load.
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

:snathink:

TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! :LOL:
Bandai Namco has announced its intention to shut down the servers for Ridge Racer Driftopia.

The free-to-play racing game has been in beta since September 2013 as a Steam Early Access title and on PlayStation 3.

The servers will shut down by 15th August.

Bandai Namco thanked players for their support. "All the feedbacks will be taken into account for the upcoming projects," read a statement.

It doesn't sound like the game will be launched proper following the server shutdown, but we've asked Bandai Namco for more information.

Ridge Racer Driftopia, from Ridge Racer Unbounded developer Bugbear Entertainment, was roundly criticised by players for its micro-transaction fuelled gameplay.

Eurogamer
:bean: :evillaugh:

One down.

Which will go next? :evillaugh:
Dank Buttsen

iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

Yep, good thang! This whole milking the player via microtransactions has got to stop! What the hell happened to classic gaming where you felt like you played a complete game? BTW as a Bamco fan this goes out to all fucking developers!!! :rage:
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

Tekken goin down next :LOL:
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

no, i think that other steam game is going down next. i even forget what it was called it looked so stupid. rise of the incrapnates or something like that.