Mortal Kombat 9 PC

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Mortal Kombat 9 PC

Post by iheartibuki »

I know it's a 2 year old game and there aren't a lot of folks interested in this game but I might as well start a thread about it. I just installed this bad boy to my machine and lookit the grafix! :D (Open in new window to witness the true beauty!)
Looks really nice to me! :D I know Proto said he's planning to buy the retail version so I'm looking forward to having a few long sessions with him. :)
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Re: Mortal Kombat 9 PC

Post by Dazzy »

Lol the image doesnt work xD

But, i love MK xD Has the Net Code been improved for the PC version?
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
iheartibuki

Post by iheartibuki »

Oh for real? Argh! It works on mine though, must be a schtupid SkyDrive thing though. I gotta find me an image host that doesn't resize or compress images.

I haven't tried online yet but a lot of folks claim that the netcode is a lot better than the console versions, and I can attest that the netcode on the PS3 version is just atrocious! But at least you don't need no stinkin' season pass for the PC version to play online though. :) Everything seems to be intact, though peeps might be put off by the auto configuration (the game tries to figure out the best settings for you to have a playable game). You can also play the game offline though you have to launch it through Steam. Makes for good matches while you're in school during recess or lunch or some kind of a break, LOL!

Dazzy
Site Admin

Post by Dazzy »

It works now. dat Mileena in da HD glory :oh: :dats: :lick:

Oh good! When I tried the PS Vita version before online, people said the online code was bad, but I never thought it was. Never tried PS3 online however, even though ive had the game on my hard drive for a while. Im guessing they might have used tried to use parts of the Injustice net code, since that was better. Lol playing at school would be so fun.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
iheartibuki

Post by iheartibuki »

Hehehe cool, I moved it to a public folder, so it was a permissions thingy. :P I suppose restructuring the game's net code to Steam's environment might have helped a bit, but I don't think they used any of Injustice's net code for MK, that would've required a lot of work. Speaking of Injustice it might be coming out later in the year to PC too in GOTY form, with all the DLC costumes. :D Also, all character files are in a folder called Assets and they all look similar and have the same type of file names as the Injustice models lol! :D

Dazzy
Site Admin

Post by Dazzy »

Yeah, Injustice and MK use all the same formats. :P
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

I'm looking forward to checkin' this out, I think my video card won't be very kind though, :(
iheartibuki

Post by iheartibuki »

Hehe maybe it's time to spend some of dat hard-earned dough on a new machine, eh? :D But I understand having a hard time deciding between a new 'puter and this! :lol:

ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

Yeah, my machine is about 3 years old, and I don't game on it enough to warrant spending a ton on hardware for that reason.

:lol: I'm really fighting to throw that much $$$ on a collector's edition. I've done worse, but still it's mostly stuff that'll collect dust. :(