PlayStation Vita TV

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

Love2Raid
Custom Rank: w

Re: PlayStation Vita TV

Post by Love2Raid »

This thing just got a major price cut over here, so I'm thinking of buying one. I like the idea of streaming from a PS4 to another television in the house, it's a lot more convenient than moving the entire console around. :XD: But I'm mainly interested in some of those Vita games and PS1 classics. I read that it doesn't support every Vita/PSP/PSone game, though. Not sure whether I should buy this or just pay twice as much for a real Vita. Too bad the OLED ones are all gone, just LCD 'slim' versions left now. :think:
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

Yep, it got an official price cut here in the UK during the Easter, hence I bought one a few weeks ago. Was originally £89.99 but now cut down to £49.99. :yes:

And yeah, the PSOne Classics/PSP game support can be extremely iffy and stupid e.g. an EU version of a game doesn't work but a U.S version does? :pi: This some old PAL vs NTSC BS right there! :snarage:

I mainly use mine just for that purpose + whatever supported Vita game I may get my hand on too.
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
raidergale
Porter
Custom Rank: Marie's my waifu kthx

Post by raidergale »

This is the only true answer to anyone who's interested in Vita games but doesn't want to buy a Vita. It's compatible with Vita TV so GO BUY THE GAME NOW :LOL: 60+ hours of fun! :LOL:

Unless anime style story heavy JRPGs are not really your thing, of course :okay:

This sponsor was brought to you by ATLUS and PERSONA 4 GOLDEN. Please buy the game now.
Love2Raid

Post by Love2Raid »

It's Ôé¼59,99 here (┬ú42,95 right now :evillaugh: ).

That's really strange, indeed. I hope the classic Tomb Raider games all work fine, at least. That would already make it worth the price (not waiting for Playstation Now to come here, since that would probably take ages and at this point it would be more expensive, lol). I am also interested in Persona 4 Golden, Corpse Party and Danganronpa (I just want to try those for the lolz :lol: ). Anything else is just a bonus. :XD:
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

Don't all PS One games that works on Vita work on Vita TV too? If so then TRs are all fine lol.
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
Love2Raid

Post by Love2Raid »

@Gale: yes, that's one of the reasons I want it. :XD:

@Daz: I think the TR games should all work, yes (1-5). I found a list. :think:
raidergale
Porter
Custom Rank: Marie's my waifu kthx

Post by raidergale »

Dazzy wrote:Don't all PS One games that works on Vita work on Vita TV too? If so then TRs are all fine lol.
Unfortunately no, and it's really dumb. Classic TRs SHOULD work fine but I can't check since I don't have a PSTV. I can say that you can directly download them on the Vita though, so the chances are higher (some PS1 games for whatever reason can't be downloaded directly on Vita, you need to download them on PS3 and then transfer to Vita. Sony... :roll: )
Love2Raid wrote:@Gale: yes, that's one of the reasons I want it. :XD:
Good :yes: Danganronpa is also really nice, good choices :LOL:
Love2Raid

Post by Love2Raid »

Right, the games that require a PS3 download are not going to work :feel: , same goes for games that heavily use the touchscreen functions of the Vita (Gravity Rush, Uncharted) :feel: .
raidergale wrote:
Good :yes: Danganronpa is also really nice, good choices :LOL:
Thanks. :D
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

99% of PSOne Classics should be fine.

PSP games on the other hand can be annoying.

And the native Vita game support itself isn't exactly correct on their updated lists either.

Sometimes if they can be accessed from the PS Store on the actual Vita/TV itself, it's best to direct download them instead of the PS3/PC transfer method. Sometimes there seems to be some weird issues where one way or the other, the game won't work. :pi:
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Love2Raid

Post by Love2Raid »

Those official lists are not entirely accurate, I'm afraid. :fdat:

I wonder if DJ Max Fever works on the PS TV... :pi:
It says so on this list: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/09/ ... e-games-2/