PlayStation Vita TV

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

PlayStation Vita TV

Post by MisterHentai »

So not only did SCE Japan announced a new model revision of the PSVITA, but more interestly is a new product, the PSVITA TV.
Sony Computer Entertainment Japan has revealed the PlayStation Vita TV, a miniature system that plays Vita games on the television.

The Vita TV has slots for both Vita games and memory cards, allowing users to play games on their tellies with a DualShock 3. It'll support 1,300 games, including Vita, PSP, and other PlayStation offerings. Like the Vita, Vita TV will also support PS4 Remote Play through a future system update. Vita TV also enables streaming services such as Hulu.

The PlayStation Vita TV will cost 9,954 yen including tax when it launches November 14 in Japan, that converting to around $100. There'll also be a bundle that includes a DualShock 3 controller and 8 GB Vita memory card for 14,994 yen after tax, or around $150.

Sony Computer Entertainment's press release provides some specs on Sony's littlest new device. The Vita TV comes in at 6.5cm by 10.5cm, and weighs just 110 grams. It connects to the TV via HDMI, supports Wi-Fi, and has an internal memory card of 1GB. Also, Vita TV can connect to two DualShocks at once, this functionality applied with PSOne games in mind. Full specs are below the break.

Joystiq

Last edited by MisterHentai on Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Re: PlayStation Vita TV

Post by Dazzy »

:o
Nice idea. I knew there would be a new Vita xD
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
raidergale
Porter
Custom Rank: Marie's my waifu kthx

Post by raidergale »

It looks interesting, so they're not equipping their new models with a TV-out port and instead make a full fledged new peripheral :pi: I'm not really interested in playing Vita games on the TV, but I know there are people who are :XD:

As for the new Vita, they removed the OLED screen in favour of a standard LCD screen, which is a shame :(
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

I actually want one because it's quite the ingenius product for playing a backcatalogue of the Vita ( And I assume PSP too?) and PSOne Classics. Has some use if say you are on vacation (With access to a TV of course :P ) and want some quick cheap gaming. :lol:

Even better is that it make it easier for certain people/games journalists to capture gameplay footage too. :o
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

I want one too.... but with getting a ps4, I doubt ill get one :okay:
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
RoxasKennedy
Porter
Custom Rank: ßâÜ(ÔòÑ´╣ÅÔòÑßâÜ)

Post by RoxasKennedy »

The controller looks like the PS1 one, nice. X3
Hey guys, Marlboro-Chan here
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

It's just a white DualShock 3. :lol:
Dank Buttsen

RoxasKennedy
Porter
Custom Rank: ßâÜ(ÔòÑ´╣ÅÔòÑßâÜ)

Post by RoxasKennedy »

I DUN CAER!

I'm still crazy for PS1 <3
Hey guys, Marlboro-Chan here
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Here's the concept trailer.

Sony has released a preliminary compatibility list for its upcoming PlayStation Vita TV hardware, revealing the first round of Japanese retail software joining the platform's estimated 1,300-game lineup.

Sony announced that Vita standouts like Persona 4: Golden, Soul Sacrifice and Lumines: Electronic Symphony will be supported at Vita TV's launch. Upcoming releases like Dangan-Ronpa 1-2 Reload, God Eater 2, and Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster are also compatible with Sony's DualShock 3-controlled console.

Many games that require use of the Vita's dual touchscreens are notably absent from the list, however, including Gravity Rush, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Virtue's Last Reward. While software updates could potentially add Vita TV compatibility to games that aren't currently listed, touchscreen-reliant games like DJMax Technika Tune are not likely to make the cut.

Joystiq
Dank Buttsen

Bluej97
Porter
Custom Rank: Porter

Post by Bluej97 »

MisterHentai wrote:Here's the concept trailer.

Sony has released a preliminary compatibility list for its upcoming PlayStation Vita TV hardware, revealing the first round of Japanese retail software joining the platform's estimated 1,300-game lineup.

Sony announced that Vita standouts like Persona 4: Golden, Soul Sacrifice and Lumines: Electronic Symphony will be supported at Vita TV's launch. Upcoming releases like Dangan-Ronpa 1-2 Reload, God Eater 2, and Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster are also compatible with Sony's DualShock 3-controlled console.

Many games that require use of the Vita's dual touchscreens are notably absent from the list, however, including Gravity Rush, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Virtue's Last Reward. While software updates could potentially add Vita TV compatibility to games that aren't currently listed, touchscreen-reliant games like DJMax Technika Tune are not likely to make the cut.

Joystiq
no touch screens ? that's okay..

My body is ready
"FRESSHU BAKED DESU CHAN STIXXXLUV EXXXCLUSIVE PREORDER NOW!"
-RoXXXeh-