General Game News

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Re: General Game News

Post by iheartibuki »

raidergale wrote:Yeah, you need high FPS for VR so the specs SORT OF make sense, but that price is just... way too much. I don't really see the appeal of VR as of now, maybe later down the line when it'll actually be cheaper :pi: Right now I still think it's a pricey gimmick like the Kinect was back then :LOL:
You need to go watch Demolition Man. :LOL:
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

It is a gimmick end of. :P

Every year or short generation, the tech and gaming industry finds some new trend and hook to latch onto which will eventually die off soon. Looking back at all the hype surrounding motion controls, 3D TV's etc and the state of those today, no doubt VR will go the same way. :evillaugh:

It's funny, because all these have existed decades before in primitive forms and really, it's just the same cycle all over again. As usual, these tech revolutions sound great on paper, but in reality, not so much. :LOL:
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Adding to the VR news and MUCH NUMBER STATISTICS GAME .......

PlayStation VR will have over 100 titles! :LOL:
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

Walking Simulator, Running simulator, Arm flapping simulator, Angry Bird Simulator :LOL:

Yeah VR certainly isn't new, but it is like the technological unicorn. There's definitely the want to have entertainment be more immersive & interactive, but the constant moving bar of increasing technology will always be way higher than the more consumer friendly bottom rung.
Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Post by Vonman »

anyone still remember this?

Not sure why it failed the last time it was around, tho i heard it had some negative effects on user brain/senses or something.
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

That specifically, no, but I sure remember the era... :lol:

Lawnmower Man = High Tech :LOL:

I think one of the troubles of VR is nailing the depth, tracking, peripherals all based on the unknown number of consumers. People's visual acuity, reflexes, head sizes all vary, so it's a lot of extra work the same system has to do. Normally that processing load is put on the player... not in your ideal range? Move closer, not large enough? buy a bigger tv. Those are all processing elements normally removed from the equation which now have to be taken into account to match the same experience or better.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Dank Buttsen

iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

Erm... "M"-you-l8rz

:LOL:
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Sony Computer Entertainment and Sony Network Entertainment are going to merge into one and become Sony Interactive Entertainment.

Not only that, but moving from Tokyo to San Mateo, California is something else.

The fact that since the PlayStation 4, they have been very Western focused so this just adds to that.

:bye: Japan! :evillaugh: :LOL:

ÔÇ£By integrating the strengths of PlayStationÔÇÖs hardware, software, content and network operations, SIE will become an even stronger entity, with a clear objective to further accelerate the growth of the PlayStation┬« business. Along with our business partners, SIE will develop pioneering services and products that will continue to inspire consumersÔÇÖ imaginations and lead the market. We will work hard to maximize corporate value by coordinating global business operations across San Mateo, Tokyo, and London by leveraging local expertise.ÔÇØ
Dank Buttsen

Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

yaaaaaaaaaaas.
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.