Double Dragon: Neon

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Re: Double Dragon: Neon

Post by Vonman »

i thought they were gonna make it with Guilty Gear Xrd engine or something :lol:
mildly disappointed

but old skool DD has always been fun
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

Xrd is just UE3. :lol:

DDIV will take place after DDII and much of the development team is comprised of those who worked on the original games, so really it makes sense to maintain consistency.

I was hoping for another reboot or remagining just like DD Neon was, but this is still fine.

If IV has an broken/exploitable moveset ala the first game's back elbowing, then you'll know it's 100% authentic. :mis: :LOL:
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

Now that DDIV is out, apparently it's quite the disappointment. :LOL:

The biggest mistake and telling really was it being based on the NES versions i.e. visual style, graphics and sound.

Kind of sad when many people say they actually prefer DDN, which is still a decent game and homage to the series itself. :pi:
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather