Budget Gamer

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Budget Gamer

Post by Vonman »

Everyone likes free stuff! :D share any good free/discount games you've come across!

Recently, I've tried these games.

1) APB Reloaded - Free to play online game that plays like GTA. There are 2 sides you can play, Enforcer (cops) and Criminals and yep, you guessed it, they kill each other in a living open world city map. Character customization in this game is very deep, you can even adjust the length of you characters hair. Downside is connection might be bad... for me at least since I'm from oceania lol. I'd recommend it.

2) Blacklight Retribution - Online FPS that reminds me alot of Deus Ex. The quality of this game is outstanding for a free to play game... it even support DX 11 graphic! You can customize your rifle to create your own unique weapon. One thing I don't like is there's a little bit of Pay 2 Win concept involved... rich people can buy special "nodes" that will give them quite significant stats boost. Even worst, the matchmaking is not rank filtered... most of the time it'll mix you in a match with high level opponents. Still, a good try.

3) RaiderZ - Still in beta. It's Vindictus meets Monster Hunter. You gather a party and hunt really big boss monsters, which loots and drops can be used to make armors, weapons etc. Very fun! Only problem is the connection. Server is pretty bad when it's overloaded.
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Re: Budget Gamer

Post by semory »

lol I tried APB Reloaded... it was released on steam a while back... it looked fun but there was a problem or something and i didn't like how their registration thingy so I uninstalled it. is it any fun?
Vonman

Post by Vonman »

semory wrote:lol I tried APB Reloaded... it was released on steam a while back... it looked fun but there was a problem or something and i didn't like how their registration thingy so I uninstalled it. is it any fun?
its ton of fun :D i had so many lulz playing that! once you get in the game, it will prompt you to auto-find team which really lets you in quick on the action. the mission, interface and getting new weapons need some time to get used to tho... Like you have to transport yourself to Social District everytime you wanna change costumes. But after you get the hang of it, the game is a blast and pretty addictive! :D

if they added oceania/asian server location for the game, i'd definitely still play it now. distance lags really kills me in the game... especially when driving :lol:
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

Oooh, ive seen APB Reloaded before! I forgot it had a character creator..... I could get the models!!! <3 :p
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
Vonman

Post by Vonman »

TRDaz wrote:Oooh, ive seen APB Reloaded before! I forgot it had a character creator..... I could get the models!!! <3 :p
get iiiiit!! lolol :lol: theres a character in there... her name is Sofia. I think she's hawt! :

Dazzy
Site Admin

Post by Dazzy »

^ There is a model for her?!!!!! I need her... like naow. <3
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
Vonman

Post by Vonman »

Yup! shes an NPC, I saw her in-game once. Immediately an army of cupid fire machine gun barrage on me! :lol:
Vonman

Post by Vonman »

Vonman wrote:Yup! shes an NPC, I saw her in-game once. Immediately an army of cupid fire machine gun barrage on me! :lol:
Edit: i'm gonna try find her files for you :)
Dazzy
Site Admin

Post by Dazzy »

Awesome! I dunno if there is an extractor, if not GA is the best option. Or I could request one in the tools and extractors area :D
Vonman

Post by Vonman »

TRDaz wrote:Awesome! I dunno if there is an extractor, if not GA is the best option. Or I could request one in the tools and extractors area :D
Good idea! just finished browsing the install directory... i have no idea where the models are located :lol: