Rise of Incarnates

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Rise of Incarnates

Post by MisterHentai »

Bandai Namco Games announced a new title during Global GamerÔÇÖs Day called Rise of Incarnates. This 2 vs. 2 battle arena game is being developed by staff that worked on Tekken and Soulcalibur. Yuichiro Baba from the Gundam Vs. franchise is the executive producer of the project.

The game is set in a ruined world with New York, London, San Francisco, and Paris as battle arenas. You play as an Incarnate, a human who has demonic power. This gives you abilities to transform and fly around the gameÔÇÖs 3D battlefields. Rise of Incarnates will have four characters at launch ÔÇô Ares, Grim Reaper (who looks like a zombie summoning mad scientist), Lilith (a speedy fighter), and Mephistopheles.

The goal with Rise of Incarnates was to make a fighting game focused on camaraderie thatÔÇÖs also free to play. During the presentation a representative said the game will not be "pay to play." Microtransactions will be for aesthetic items or to speed things up.

Rise of Incarnates will be released for PC on Steam in Q2 2014.

Siliconera
So yeah, this is certainly interesting. :o

Very similar to Bamco's Gundam arena battle games with a touch of Platinum Games' Anarchy Reigns.
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Re: Rise of Incarnates

Post by semory »

looks boring lmao. gundam vs uses same engine as tekken rev so hopefully models will be extractable. see the tekken-like characters? i see devil jin and dr. b references in those models too.
RoxasKennedy
Porter
Custom Rank: ßâÜ(ÔòÑ´╣ÅÔòÑßâÜ)

Post by RoxasKennedy »

I would play dis.

It lookz fun.
Hey guys, Marlboro-Chan here
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

id play that. Especially since its sorta like Anarchy Reigns, I love that game, so fun.
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Not on your faptop! :P :evillaugh:

Well visually it's similar to Anarchy Reigns, but gameplay is different, though kind of still falls under the same category.
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

Shaddahp.
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

BUTT!

:evillaugh:
Dank Buttsen

iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

My faptop can handle this game (even though the official specs aren't out yet.) :LOL:
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

that one blonde guy looks like paul too. what i dont get about namco is why dont they make like one completely original good game per year rather than 3 or 4 really shitty reused ones per year?
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Because poor Wapan and their backwards business decisions. :P

At least Bamco's Tales of... series of JRPGs are still going strong, but their other stuff, seems like "reused assets F2P" is where they have been going for a while and it's a marmite success so far. :pi:
Dank Buttsen