Competitions ideas

Every competition held will be in here!

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

Love2Raid
Custom Rank: w

Re: Competitions ideas

Post by Love2Raid »

Yeah, we mean more like, taking a model (or a mod that someone else did) and then removing the head, putting another head on it and then call it your brand new creation. :P
It's totally fine if someone enjoys doing that, but it's just not what we are looking for in a modding competition.

And I agree with Daz, your mods are indeed very nice and something like that would be totally acceptable (in contrary to simple headswaps). xD
Tomb Raider 4ever

Post by Tomb Raider 4ever »

Great, Thanks! :hug: I look forward to the competition :) I like the "Alternative Universe character" idea, in that case we can really make the mod out of character, like a modern day Alice, or an victorian Lara, for it would be an alternative universe and the original character would not be the same
Runa

Post by Runa »

Tomb Raider 4ever I actually think that nobody can make meshmods as good as you in XPS! I don't like it as a modding program because I find it limited, yet you always create incredible combinations :3

I think we could allow at least two entry per user, people who will just recolor an outfit and swap the head will be disqualified.

Also, do you guys think that the mod, once done, should be post for download so we can check it? Or is it better to simply judge the final product by the preview? I honestly think checking models would be better, but I'm not sure...
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
RoxasKennedy
Porter
Custom Rank: ßâÜ(ÔòÑ´╣ÅÔòÑßâÜ)

Post by RoxasKennedy »

In the past competitions we would put it up for download when the model is done :P
Hey guys, Marlboro-Chan here
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

Id rather go for a download :P
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
Love2Raid

Post by Love2Raid »

Yeah, sharing the model should be part of the rules. You're not supposed to judge the preview but the model itself... :oops:
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

Someone may have epic editing skills and edit the photo, yet not made a model! :P
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
Love2Raid

Post by Love2Raid »

Exactly, lol. :fdat:
Runa

Post by Runa »

That is what I was thinking XD thus I asked. Fine then, mod up for download :pi: this will also motivate me to do a good job lol.
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

Darn it, so many competitions for stuff that I'm not into, :XD:

I only have one mod that I have on my list for a potential entry, but I'm not going to release it if I do that. :pi: