Competitions ideas

Every competition held will be in here!

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

Tomb Raider 4ever

Re: Competitions ideas

Post by Tomb Raider 4ever »

Runa wrote:Tomb Raider 4ever I actually think that nobody can make meshmods as good as you in XPS! I don't like it as a modding program because I find it limited, yet you always create incredible combinations :3

I think we could allow at least two entry per user, people who will just recolor an outfit and swap the head will be disqualified.

Also, do you guys think that the mod, once done, should be post for download so we can check it? Or is it better to simply judge the final product by the preview? I honestly think checking models would be better, but I'm not sure...
Thank you! <3 :hug2: One thing I really would like to have in XPS is the possibility to select and delete part of a mesh, when a modelpart I want , like a dress, is part of a bigger mesh, I just make the other parts invisible by changing the rendergroup, but to be
able to delete it would be great. It would also come in handy to separate a pair of boots, beacause you can't add just two boots to a pair of legs, they would rotate together. Other than that I am very happy with the many functions of XPS :)
riccochet
Porter
Custom Rank: Low Poly Porter

Post by riccochet »

but, but, what of us lowly souls who don't know how to mesh mod so good yet?
Love2Raid
Custom Rank: w

Post by Love2Raid »

Why not join? The more, the merrier. :XD:
If you really don't want to, you can still encourage those who do, I guess, download their stuff + comment and vote... :P
jrx

Post by jrx »

I'm just gonna throw this competition idea out in the open: selfies, aka a character posing to take a picture of himself/herself. This idea was inspired by https://twitter.com/Linkstagram
riccochet
Porter
Custom Rank: Low Poly Porter

Post by riccochet »

Love2Raid wrote:Why not join? The more, the merrier. :XD:
If you really don't want to, you can still encourage those who do, I guess, download their stuff + comment and vote... :P
I actually do wanna join, I just can't meshmods to save my life
Runa

Post by Runa »

jrx wrote:I'm just gonna throw this competition idea out in the open: selfies, aka a character posing to take a picture of himself/herself. This idea was inspired by https://twitter.com/Linkstagram
Uhm, honestly, I don't think that would be a creative comp :P just my opinion, though.
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
jrx

Post by jrx »

Runa wrote:Uhm, honestly, I don't think that would be a creative comp :P just my opinion, though.
I agree that just self pictures are not creative, but when you see stuff like https://twitter.com/Linkstagram/status/ ... 6307125248, I see potential for an interesting contest. Just my 2 cents :)
ObscureMemories
Custom Rank: I'm a lil' bit Super!

Post by ObscureMemories »

Why not go for a Horror themed picture inspired from halloween?

I like horror pictures lol
Look at me! I'm on a high horse!

Love2Raid
Custom Rank: w

Post by Love2Raid »

riccochet wrote:
Love2Raid wrote:Why not join? The more, the merrier. :XD:
I actually do wanna join, I just can't meshmods to save my life
You could try modding with XPS, the basics of it are very easy, I think. :P
Or just do a texture mod. Or, if we allow collaborations, you could team up with someone who can mesh mod? Just ideas. :D
jrx wrote:I'm just gonna throw this competition idea out in the open: selfies, aka a character posing to take a picture of himself/herself. This idea was inspired by https://twitter.com/Linkstagram
I think this is a good idea for a rendering competition theme. :)
ObscureMemories wrote:Why not go for a Horror themed picture inspired from halloween?

I like horror pictures lol
But we already did that last year, lol. :pi:
Besides, Halloween is just around the corner. :pi:

--
Anyway, I thought we were going to do a banner competition first? :think:
And there's the modding one, too. Or do you guys really want another render comp right now?
Runa

Post by Runa »

As you suggested, I think we could run them both at the same time? To take the section active :pi: or if you prefer, banner comp first and mod after... for a change, since there are a lot of render competitions in general.
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."