Howfie's WIP List

Post your WIP Lists here!

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

Anx

Re: Howfie's WIP List

Post by Anx »

???
Blender 2.6x include a LWO importer. Blender 2.6x Addons (not "plugin" ;) ): http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:R ... .60/Addons

BTW: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:R ... /Bug_Fixes
Last edited by Anx on Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

yeah, i gave up on blender... it's LWO support is still total shit. i just have to make an lwo -> mesh exporter myself.
Anx

Post by Anx »

C++ :D It sounds like a good start.
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

semory wrote:yeah, i gave up on blender... it's LWO support is still total shit. i just have to make an lwo -> mesh exporter myself.
Am curious now as to what you're working on. Can you at least show us a pic of the model in-game? :D
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

i'm just trying to import some level geometry into xnalara. supposedly, the number of bones can be zero so the mesh format is just

number of meshes
mesh #1
mesh #2
etc.

main problem is that mesh format requires normals and tangents even if you don't use or need per-vertex normals or normal mapping. it's kind of a funky format.
iheartibuki

Post by iheartibuki »

That just whiffed past my head but that's ok, lol! I thought there was a render group that allowed you to load meshes even without materials? :?

semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

lol in xnalara's source code, there is no mention of any render groups in the model loader. render groups i think are chosen based on the names of texture files xxx_diffuse.dds, xxx_bump etc. so i think if you just don't specify any textures, that render group you mentioned is chosen automatically. i think... am i right anx? close? :lol: but even if you have no textures, you must still have uv, normals, and tangents in the model. xnalara appears to have what is known in DirectX as a fixed input layout (not flexible).

btw, unused bones... are those what separate the skeleton into smaller parts? or is it just a way to make things look nicer in xnalara when you select bones to rotate?
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

i am also almost ready to test it out he he he heh ehe hee he. maybe another day or two :).
iheartibuki

Post by iheartibuki »

semory wrote:btw, unused bones... are those what separate the skeleton into smaller parts? or is it just a way to make things look nicer in xnalara when you select bones to rotate?
It's the latter. Oftentimes you have bones that don't really do anything so they are hidden to make it easier on your eyes. A lot of porters also hide adjuster/control bones to make it simpler for most users to pose their characters. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Fighting game characters, for the most part, need them because their main bones are often built around them. Their main purpose though is to make animation seamless, so you don't see any warping when your characters' meshes move. I personally prefer having the adjuster/control bones available to me because it allows you to make more natural looking poses. :D

semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

awesome.... almost ready for testing ha ha ha....

now at 2800 lines of code (been typing for days it seems lol)!
http://code.google.com/p/sticklove/sour ... alara.cpp/