Raidergale's WIP list

Post your WIP Lists here!

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

raidergale
Porter
Custom Rank: Marie's my waifu kthx

Raidergale's WIP list

Post by raidergale »

Aaand I'm doing exactly the opposite of what I said some days ago... I'm creating a WIP list :herp:
Anyway, not that I fear of someone doing the same models I want to convert (hell, I think I'm the only one who's converting from these games XD), but still, just to let people know what I'm working on (if I'll ever be able to release something, though :P)... let's start!

Dissidia Final Fantasy

- Garland (FF1)
- Chaos (FF1)
- Firion (FF2)
- The Emperor (FF2)
- Onion Knight (FF3)
- Cloud of Darkness (FF3)
- Cecil Harvey (FF4)
- Golbez (FF4)
- Kain Highwind (FF4)
- Bartz Klauser (FF5)
- Exdeath (FF5)
- Gilgamesh (FF5)
- Terra Branford (FF6)
- Kefka Palazzo (FF6)
- Sephiroth (FF7)
- Zidane Tribal (FF9)
- Kuja (FF9)
- Tidus (FF10)
- Jecht (FF10)
- Shantotto (FF11)
- Gabranth (FF12)
- Vaan (FF12)

PLUS

All the alternate outfits for the character I've already released (I won't list them here, way too many models XD They're the ones missing from this list though :P)

Final Fantasy Type-0

- Ace
- Trey
- Sice
- Eight
- Nine
- Jack
- King
- Rem
- Machina
- Emina
- Andoria
- Arecia Al-Rashia

PLUS

All the alternate outfits for the characters I've already released (Deuce, Cater, Cinque, Seven and Queen). I'm not sure if I've listed all of the characters I'd like to port from this game, there are so many D:

Project Diva

- Miku Bikini
- Miku Magician
- Luka VF Suit
- Meiko Scarlet Dress

There are more I'd like to convert, but fixing these is hard as hell so I'm just going to put these here XD

And that's all for now, and yes, I'm going to convert them all... by 2034 :pi:
raidergale
Porter

Re: Raidergale's WIP list

Post by raidergale »

And here's how Miku Bikini is looking in XNALara (you have to tweak the light a lot, or you'll see some horrible shadowing :P)

And Miku Magician is currently undergoing a rigging process XD (yes, that's a hat on her head. You can't really see some parts of it due to Blender's backface culling :P)

Bluej97
Porter
Custom Rank: Porter

Post by Bluej97 »

Amazing, just amazing
:shock:

btw I have VF luka here ( DT ) , weights are decent, hair is rigged strand by strand, face is ummm bad. Would you like me to send it to you ? :3
"FRESSHU BAKED DESU CHAN STIXXXLUV EXXXCLUSIVE PREORDER NOW!"
-RoXXXeh-
raidergale
Porter

Post by raidergale »

Is that model plagued with rig errors like the ones you sent me ages ago? :pi: (I mean, weights being there but bones completely messed up? I tried to fix Meiko by manually moving bones into place and... there weren't enough bones :okay: It's a shame, really, because those models are awesome :/)
If you don't want to work on her you can send me the model, but I can't assure anything (I'm still a noob at rigging and my patience when it comes to weight painting is near 0 XD)

Anyway, a way to fix these models' shadowing is by using a rendergroup which doesn't support shading... this way you obtain a closer look to the game, but of course the model won't react to any light :/ Do you think it's better to be faithful to the game or having shadowing errors but with a model which reacts to lights? :?
This is a picture with XNA's default lighting... as you can see I tweaked the lighting a lot in the other picture to hide the face's errors :P

Bluej97
Porter

Post by Bluej97 »

raidergale wrote:Is that model plagued with rig errors like the ones you sent me ages ago? :pi: (I mean, weights being there but bones completely messed up? I tried to fix Meiko by manually moving bones into place and... there weren't enough bones :okay: It's a shame, really, because those models are awesome :/)
If you don't want to work on her you can send me the model, but I can't assure anything (I'm still a noob at rigging and my patience when it comes to weight painting is near 0 XD)

Anyway, a way to fix these models' shadowing is by using a rendergroup which doesn't support shading... this way you obtain a closer look to the game, but of course the model won't react to any light :/ Do you think it's better to be faithful to the game or having shadowing errors but with a model which reacts to lights? :?
This is a picture with XNA's default lighting... as you can see I tweaked the lighting a lot in the other picture to hide the face's errors :P

nope, not really, but the face rig is bad ( I worked on it a long time ago so yeah xD )

I know, sadly I think it can't be fixed :(

IMO the shadeless model would be the best :)
btw, does making the shadow depth slider go all over to the left not fix the error ?
-RoXXXeh-
raidergale
Porter

Post by raidergale »

No, it doesn't, as it can't go further down than 0.25 :P The error is less noticeable, but it's still there :) Shadeless version it is then, you can always tweak the shadowing by using some kind of image editing tool XD
Bluej97
Porter

Post by Bluej97 »

raidergale wrote:No, it doesn't, as it can't go further down than 0.25 :P The error is less noticeable, but it's still there :) Shadeless version it is then, you can always tweak the shadowing by using some kind of image editing tool XD
Ah I see, it's weird that it doesn't appear at 3dsmax at all xD
-RoXXXeh-