Runa's WIP list

Post your WIP Lists here!

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

Runa

Re: Runa's WIP list

Post by Runa »

Actually everything is already reflective :pi: probably it's not really clear because the preview sucks lol.

About transparency, I wouldn't do that for the body because it would look awful (especially because there are inners). The crystal swirls can surely be transparent, they were at first... but somehow looked bad when I was turning the model... certain areas 'disappeared'.
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
Runa

Post by Runa »

Okay so, more than one year ago (omg so long?!?!?!) semory got this model for me:

The original rig was somehow screwed and the first time I tried to rig it myself I had no luck because the armature didn't really want to work at all.
Now I felt like trying again, mostly because I wanted to practice a bit more and I finally managed to make it work. I am quite satisfied about the final rig, even considering that I rigged it from scratch using and fixing the autorig in blender for the first time.

Now, there are some things that need to be done. First of all, the staff. I don't have the staff model yet, but I just remembered I recently got the game files again, so I sent them to semory in order to extract it. I was thinking to model it myself, but that just wouldn't be like the real thing you know...

Second, the textures. Since they are ripped from a 360 game, they are quite awful; too small and with a bad quality. At this point they probably need to be increased speaking about size and then repainted.
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
Runa

Post by Runa »

Finally decided to continue with this model. Still minor fixes need to be done, lightmaps are currently missing and I also want to add some enviro effect to the metallic parts.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Master_Kenway2014
Custom Rank: 2014

Post by Master_Kenway2014 »

Runa wrote:Finally decided to continue with this model. Still minor fixes need to be done, lightmaps are currently missing and I also want to add some enviro effect to the metallic parts.
WOW!

Very nice ! :ggl: :hug2: <3 :thumbup:
Only together we can overcome this artificially imposed illusion of the outside world...
Runa

Post by Runa »

And here we go...

1) I finally managed to recreate the hair thanks to PoophairJones' suggestions (lmao I love that name)
2) Since the game apparently is now using particles for all the hairs, they are not like any other standard mesh; they are made of real strands, which have a lot of vertices.
3) Due to the so many polygons, I had to split the hairs by all loose parts, this obviously generated like 1000 hair parts or so... but since XPS cannot load a mesh with too many polygons, it was the only way.
4) The models are heavy. XPS lags because of the many parts and polygons and if your computer is not so powerful (like mine ahah), that won't be helpful at all I think. Everything seems to work fine, anyway.
5) The hairs are not 100% perfect and realistic, but I applied an enviro map to make them look better.

What to do now:

1) Rig the models
2) Apply the additional maps (lightmaps, normals, speculars)
3) Generate new normal maps for the bodies (they can be extracted from the game, but for some reason they are totally broken and can't be used at all)
4) Fix some minor things in the meshes and proportions
5) Get the weapons

Will I port other characters? I don't think so... not at the moment anyway. I might try with the Marquis De Sade, but no promises. I have too many characters to work on from the AC series and the ones from Unity require a lot of time mainly because of their hairs @_@
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

ELISE!!! <3 :oh: :inlove:
Can't wait!
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
Runa

Post by Runa »

These next gen models though :rage: :LOL:
PoophairJones
Custom Rank: Baebsae

Post by PoophairJones »

Nice work on these so far :oh: Can't wait to see their final versions!

Which body normals don't extract? Ones for outfits or ones for skin parts etc?
Either way i can try to rip them from the game with Ninja Ripper if it works.
Runa

Post by Runa »

Thank you, I wouldn't have done that without you :please:

Uhm, basically all the body textures for the clothes it seems. Skin normals are standard green normals which look fine (I just need to fill the blue channel with white to make them blue), but the rest appears as a bunch of confusing pixels @_@
PoophairJones
Custom Rank: Baebsae

Post by PoophairJones »

Glad i could help :hug:

Okay i'll try if NR rips anything once this is done installing :pi: