HEY

Introduce yourself or congratulate a fellow member here!

Moderators: Dazzy, Love2Raid

Meganmi
Custom Rank: TTG Porter

HEY

Post by Meganmi »

Hello, I'm meganmi (real name is megan if you didn't catch up on it)

so, i recently joined to lurk around here, expecially in the Model recaps section. After awhile, I decided to join! :hug:

I have experience in porting quite abit of models, and sometimes I render them too :) :D

Anyway, I dropped by to take this opportunity to ask a question: (there's no sub-forum for asking questions i think)

My PC is in Windows 7 64-bit, and I have XNA Framework 3.0 installed. The first few hours, XNALara was working fine--until It "stops working" the second I try to start it. I tried all the compatibility modes Windows suggested me to do, but no luck. I guess this has something to do with my windows being 64-bit? In troubleshooting it did say that it was "incompatible". :oops: :oops:
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Re: HEY

Post by MisterHentai »

:hi: Megan and welcome.

I'm using W7 x64 here and it's all fine, although I am using XPS instead.

Have you tried reinstalling the XNA Framework and all that? Maybe even the .NET frameworks too just incase?
Last edited by MisterHentai on Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Ems
Porter
Custom Rank: Stashing stuff I like.

Post by Ems »

Hello Megan.

I personally run XPS on 64bit W7, and used to have a working copy on XNALara on the same system too, so I don't think that's the problem. How's your .Net framework?
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

Welcome to the forum, Megan! :) I hope you enjoy your stay.

WRT to your issue, I also W7 Ultimate and have had no issues running XNALara or XPS. Does it give you any other messages? Are you able to furnish any screenshots of errors you're getting? We have a General section on the forum where you can post XNALara/XPS/Blender/etc (you get the picture) issues. :)
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

Meganmi
Custom Rank: TTG Porter

Post by Meganmi »

I have .NET Framework 4.5.2 (is that too much??) I have a setup for the 3.5 one but whenever I click it, it never starts... :(

error:
iheartibuki

Post by iheartibuki »

I believe the .NET framework and XNA framework versions that XPS uses is fairly specific. :think:

iheartibuki

Post by iheartibuki »

I believe the .NET framework and XNA framework versions that XPS uses is fairly specific. :think:

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

XNALara uses .NET 3.5, which is already within Windows 7 itself. Most of the time all you really need is just the XNA Framework 3.0 and you are set.

Since you are using XPS, you don't really need to do that much different too. Also what version of XPS is it? Older versions maybe due to that stupid built-in time limit duration.

You could try deleting the XNA.cfg file and then try running it again?

If that doesn't work, uninstall/reinstall XNA Framework 3.0, maybe even replace/update the XPS core files too.

I do remember this occasionally happening to myself a couple of times, thinking :wtf: how? And I just took those simple steps and it works again.
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather