Star Wars Movies Discussion

Talk about whatever.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Dazzy, iheartibuki

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Re: Star Wars Movies Discussion

Post by MisterHentai »

Bothan spies was Return of the Jedi. :LOL:

Dark Forces and Kyle Katarn should've been in Rogue One, but he is no more. :okay: :LOL:
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

:pi:
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

Thought I'd put this here, it's pretty damn well made for a fan-film, compared to most of the fan-films out there.

All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

Ya that is pretty good, it's actually better than Episode VII :LOL:

I only watched the first half, but definitely solid. The only el oh el was the guy with a MK Ninja mask, other than design & choreography were stellar for being indie.
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

:megusta:

Lovin the part where they run while AT-ATs are shooting :megusta:
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Yeah, by the same director who did Monsters and the recent Godzilla, so he definitely knows how to film and give the sense of scale. :yes:

Also needs more Donnie Yen. :okay:

It's funny how many people were quick to say that he could be Kanan, given what happened to him in the recent Rebels finale. I mean the timeline can easily match up but nope. Even Freddie Prinze Jr would fanboy at that. :lol:

But yeah, seeing as Star Wars loves to draw from East Asian motifs, the blind Samurai master / Zatoichi character has been used quite alot in it already (Even Rahm Kota in The Force Unleashed games).
Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

I find it interesting that "Jyn Erso" is almost similar to "Jan Ors". :snathink: :LOL:

Now we just need a "Kyle Katarn" sounding name for the male lead or whatever, and then :yes: . :LOL:
Dank Buttsen

ProtocolX27
Porter

Post by ProtocolX27 »

Yeah, I had to do :wtf: multiple times at hearing the name because it was so close. Is there enough backstory in the EU or lack thereof to make her a plausible Jan Ors, like changing her name once she's outed.

All I know about that Donnie Yen scene is the choreography is crap. He's so far from the storm trooper and the guy doesn't even react well likely because of limited helmet visibility :LOL: :okay: Use of top tier martial artists is one draw for me, but given how that went in TFA.... my hopes are not high :think:
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Jan was part of a terrorist organisation and was very spy espionage before eventually working for the Rebels, so already there are other similarities. :lol:

Well the fast cut in the trailer doesn't exactly help with it so that's another factor. I'm sure it will look decent enough normally.

With the war film tones and hopefully Donnie's character being somewhat important, I can only hope there's some emphasis there.

And yeah the Raid crew got so wasted in TFW, but if I recall, most of them aren't dead, so maybe they could come back. :LOL:
Dank Buttsen

ProtocolX27
Porter

Post by ProtocolX27 »

That's the only thing I could take away from TFA was that if that was just their initial cameo and were reserved for later, but I thought one of the two was killed. :think:

Re: Fight Cut, it wasn't so much the speed as much as the angle. Even if that segment by itself is used in a main fight, it still looks a bit off. Not that the whole movie rises and falls on martial arts choreography anyway. :LOL:

Yeah, that's why I wonder if they want to gradually bridge EU content, but without being apparent so that even long time fans aren't up in arms off the start should something actually be incorrect according to old canon.