Star Wars Movies Discussion

Talk about whatever.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Dazzy, iheartibuki

ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Re: Star Wars Movies Discussion

Post by ProtocolX27 »

I could see that theory making sense given who vague the initial sections of the movie are.

I knew the timeline of the movie, but I did not know it was literally going to butt itself up to Ep IV that much.

Yes the classic technology was good and the space battle was good, but there was still way too much classic nodding going on.
Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Post by Vonman »

Guess Disney is going one step forward and one step back with star wars :lol:

now they can satisfy fans of both classic and future star wars! :LOL:
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

Most of the classic nods I am fine with because as said, of where the film takes place in so it does make sense.

The only ones I am not happy with are the cameo of "You'll be dead" Tatooine Cantina guy and of course .... Leia actually being there at the battle in the end! Oh fuck right off with that!

Do they have to force retcon that in and make it so fucking obvious for the dumb young generation of today to get them interested in the classic Trilogy?

It's clear that there are multiple versions of the Tantive ships. Leia's one obviously being the Tantive "IV". But apparently the directors/writers won't let people figure out or imagine that Vader could've been hunting down ships of that type by time A New Hope comes in. But no, they make it so that it's hers straight away!

That stupid ending and how it will quickly tie into A New Hope (Some sources confirm as little as 10 minutes!) just goes to add credence to one of the biggest flaws with the Star Wars films in general, and that is the sense of time, passage and pacing for all the major events that occur.

I still like the film, but for fuck sakes. :facepalm:
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Putting this here, just because. :evillaugh: :mis: :fyea:

Still is the greatest space battle on screen, especially when you consider so many aspects going for it.

For story, it was all or nothing for the Rebels giving everything that have. For special effects, just the amount of effort and the model work especially for it's time. The shots of when Lando and Wedge enter the Death Star is still one of my favourite parts. :oh:

Most importantly and the thing that really stands out, the music! Having some of the memorable melodies from the Yavin/Death Star Battle from A New Hope along with even more bombastic and triumph pieces, just more :oh: .

And when you watch the full thing including the Ewok battle and Luke/Vader/Palpatine, all happening at once, the way it's edited and paced, it's no secret Rogue One was doing the same thing for it's climatic battle which is why it resonates for alot of fans and was well liked.

Extra mentions goes to the videogames that also gives you the excitement and nostalgia for the battle, especially the Rogue Squadron games. :feel:
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

IT'S A TRAP!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Dank Buttsen

Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Post by Vonman »

:feel:
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Last Jedi my fucking ass.

Given that was supposed to be the case during the original trilogy, yet with all the expanded content throughout the years, whether it was from the old EU/Legends or all the new canon material/series they've been producing, they will say otherwise.

That term has always been one of the franchise's biggest misnomer. The same goes with "Sith being extinct".
Dank Buttsen

ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

There's many potential issues with that title.... :think:

1) Luke is the last Jedi, and the franchise takes a turn Jedi-like lore to another Jedi-like class
2) Rey is the last Jedi, would suggest that Luke will die
3) Jedi is used as plural which would include Luke & Rey, but somehow that does not have much impact.
4) There is another Jedi still alive that succeeds them all, which allows for more mystery, but would screw over existing characters
5) The universe banks hard to port and reveals that Yoda is still alive and is the actual true Last Jedi... :think:
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

........ :snathink:
Dank Buttsen