Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Re: Star Wars Movies Discussion

Post by MisterHentai »

CONFIRMED!

REY IS LUKE'S DAUGHTER!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Here is the Reddit link for the proposed Episode VIII script leak. Read if you dare! :mis:

Fan fiction or not ...... :fdat: !

:LOL:
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

I stopped reading around the 8th bullet point.... That's so many kinds of f'ed up. IF there is any truth in it, they are so formulaicly dissecting everything in the original trilogy just so they can make a parallel for everything. If that's their idea of making a huge plot twist like in ESB, I would be so mad if I were to spend money on that film.

Until then

:fdat: :fdat: :fdat: :fdat: :fdat: :fdat: :fdat: :fdat: :fdat: :fdat: :fdat: :fdat: :fdat: :fdat: :fdat:
:fdat: :fdat: :fdat: :fdat: :fdat: :fdat: :fdat: :fdat: :fdat: :fdat: :fdat: :fdat: :fdat: :fdat: :fdat:

That said, I've seen one of the original scripts of ESB though and even that didn't have the actual final outcome of ESB's plot twist.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

This is why the Internet just ruins things now. :LOL: :okay:

It's well known that Lucas plans the Star Wars films in the Shakespearean poetic rhyme progression and even Disney is staying true to it.

Part of me actually would not mind that if we were at a different generational period or if I went in completely blind as the plausibility of this does actually work within the universe.

But still .........

:snathink:

:no:

:LOL:
Dank Buttsen

ProtocolX27
Porter

Post by ProtocolX27 »

BTW that article has a 'Debunked' flag on it already, and indication as to why?

I'm all for literary tradition and pacing, but that doesn't mean every 3 story arc has to match the previous 3 story arc beat for beat. The other issue I have with this concept is that it was utterly stupid when they did it the first time for Anakin. It is one of the most jarring things in the universe all at an attempt to create the lore's Messianic figure. It strikes me as that all over again without any plausibility.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Having the Messianic figure to be a very flawed individual that can easily sway between both sides is still something I actually do like though.

Course, the idea of Anakin's character was actually good, but Lucas' execution of him and tarnishing what would become the figure underneath that legendary and mystique black armour is just ..........

Dank Buttsen

ProtocolX27
Porter

Post by ProtocolX27 »

From a fiction stand point sure, I just have a nerve when the real world source material they're pulling from gets taken so lightly to the point they try to copy it for the sake of copying it. ;) ;) Much like the Matrix. I don't like the butchering of the idea just for the sake of including it.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Vader and Neo at least have interesting stories to surround them, unlike say, the obvious connections and imagery in Zack Snyder's Suckerman portrayal in Man of Steel and BvS. :LOL:
Dank Buttsen

ProtocolX27
Porter

Post by ProtocolX27 »

I can't speak for watching BS yet of course :LOL: but yeah I hated it in Man of Steel too. Neo's story didn't bother me until the very end when they were making it such a try hard scene. I really don't have any problem with Anakin/Vader's character overall, but it was the flat out explanation of his origin in Episode I which was so :wtf: if they try to pull that kind of move again with VIII even more :wtf: :wtf:
DIO
Custom Rank: The World Over Heaven

Post by DIO »

is anyone going to go see Rogue One when it comes out later this year?

i feel it will not do so well and the other 2 spinoff Star Wars Films will be canceled or Disney will be desperate and make the others "Better" by their standards