Star Wars Movies Discussion

Talk about whatever.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Dazzy, iheartibuki

Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Re: Star Wars Movies Discussion

Post by Dazzy »

So I just read about a fan theory involving Kylo Ren being undercover as a sith...

Points the fan made:

1) Ren is trying to help the light side by working for the dark side, with his ultimate aim to kill Supreme Leader Snoke (Andy Serkis). He's bringing down the system from within.
2) This is why he feels so conflicted. He finds it unbelievably hard to devote himself to the dark side, but that's what he has to do.
3) He talks to Darth Vader's helmet because he's going to finish what Anakin Skywalker started.
4) To become a Sith you have to sacrifice someone you love. And so Ren kills Han Solo to prove to Snoke that he is a real Sith.
5) When Ren asks Han, "will you help me?" he is asking Han whether he will die in order for Ren to complete his task. When Han replied "Yes. Anything," he knows what Ren means.

This... makes sense... but i dont entirely think it's true :think:
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

That does actually seem very plausible and goes with how they may want to try new things in the new trilogy. I mean they even specifically mentioned at one time how the sides of good and evil isn't exactly so stereotypically two-sided either. Finn already is an example of that.

The Jedi doing such a thing makes them no different to the Sith so it certainly goes within that aspect, but .......... :no: :LOL: !

Remember how for a long time and even Mark Hamil wanted to do it, was to make Luke turn to the Dark Side. The slight variation of the Darth Vader theme heard when you first see luke in TFW certainly adds to these theories though. :runcry:

Interesting times indeed and they have alot of options to go with the next movies. :pi:
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

That would be cooler than what I expect will happen with VIII.

Just as Jar Jar would have been a surprising Evil leader, but newp got 30 year old rehash browns.
Dazzy
Site Admin

Post by Dazzy »

And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Doesn't bother me, considering that this sequel is 2 years on release after TFW.

The Trilogy and Prequel movies each were 3 years apart, so that is something! :LOL:
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Dazzy
Site Admin

Post by Dazzy »

But I need to know what happens next! And I was so happy that it wasn't soo long away with the May release date ;_; Oh well... I guess its like one every year exactly now. Rogue One, December this year. VIII, December next year. My guess is the Han Solo movie will be December 2018 lol.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

More time = better quairty! ...... Hopefully. :pi:

And yeah with all the spin-off movies, hopefully it doesn't saturate and produce Star Wars fatigue.
Dank Buttsen

Dazzy
Site Admin

Post by Dazzy »

Yeah that is a plus if it turns out like that.

I dunno... Rogue One doesn't interest me that much, I need a trailer before I decide if I'm excited or not. The spin-offs just don't feel like they will be as great as the main movies lol.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Rogue One is basically akin to a historical war movie set within the Star Wars universe which is why I am interested. And it's about time there is a big screen adaptation of something Star Wars related that isn't so focused on a super powered religious war and their laser sticks.

The Universe itself is filled with so many other character types, worlds, scenarios to tell and even though any Star Wars fan knows the basic outcome of this movie, it's how they will tell and execute the story through that is the key. (Just like any historical war or period set movie)

If anything, I'm more excited about this than some Han Solo origins movie. Least Rogue One is based on something that was much more broader impactful and significant rather than a single overhyped character.
Dank Buttsen

ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

My concern for the franchise is saturation. Most fans want more content, so I get the economics, but I feel that the amount of stories through the spin offs seems like overkill.

As far as the delay, it was probably needed, it seemed like a rather short production window and the key episodes likely need the most attention.

If I don't get to see Bothans die in Rogue One Ima gonna :rage: :LOL: