Talk about whatever.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Dazzy, iheartibuki

semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Re: Don't you just hate it...

Post by semory »

thePWA wrote:...when the spammers/spam bots try to post off-topic threads? :D
Speaking of which, hopefully we won't get any more spam as I added a spammer checker to the forum code today :-). Try registering as

beneisaensa
saliyear12@gmail.com

or as any idiot listed as a spammer in http://www.stopforumspam.com/
Love2Raid
Custom Rank: w

Post by Love2Raid »

^
Lol, going to try that when I log out, except that I forgot my password and just got a new one... can I change it anywhere to something a bit easier to remember? O_o :? :P

And INDEED, wtf is up with people re-uploading models with only a small change in saturation/contrast. :lol: :lol: :lol:
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

lol and of course, a spammer got through tonight.
ElyStrife

Post by ElyStrife »

TRDaz wrote:
Vonman wrote:... when you open dA and you saw someone uploaded what seems to be a new or improved model of a character you like, you get so excited and you clicked on it, ready to download but then...

it turned out to be just an already released model with color depth increase in the texture.

:lol: The FFXIII models? They just used saturation D:
And it looks just AWEFUUUUL. c:
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

ElyStrife wrote:
TRDaz wrote:
Vonman wrote:... when you open dA and you saw someone uploaded what seems to be a new or improved model of a character you like, you get so excited and you clicked on it, ready to download but then...

it turned out to be just an already released model with color depth increase in the texture.

:lol: The FFXIII models? They just used saturation D:
So true xD People think "OHMY! WOOOWWW! IT LOOKS SOOOO EPIC!" when all it is, is a over saturated texture mod xD
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Post by Vonman »

^

i just dont get it too... now xna groups in dA are flooded with these saturated models especially FF folder. Even the description is misleading... "Recolor" lol. If its really recolor shouldnt they make the skin green or something? now they look so bootleg-ish :lol:
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

lol, speaking of FF, i recall seeing some of the nekkid re-textures... oh my ha ha ha.
thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Post by thePWA »

Kinda sad seeing all these re-textures flooding dA. Just shows that those who learned to port following xnalara standards via TRF have moved on to other things.
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!
Runa

Post by Runa »

People on DA don't even bother to read your profile. I said I don't take requests in my ID and people often send me a note asking: "do you accept requests?"

And when I posted the WIP of the Nero model, a user commented with: "can I have the link, please?"

I think someone doesn't actually know that "WIP" means "work in progress" .__. or maybe they don't even read the full title. They just see the model picture and go all "iifhewqfh0efhwghwgh OMGOMG I WANT IT!!!!"

And they don't even read descriptions. My friend often posts pictures about Mass Effect with Garrus and her OC female character and she ALWAYS states that she's not a Shepard but just an original character she created.
The 80% of the comments: "ohhh your femshep is beautiful! I wish we had that hairstyle in the game too!"

I have a ME OC too that I'm going to introduce on DA... and I am afraid she will be mistaken for a Shepard XD
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
DerekStrife

Post by DerekStrife »

TRDaz wrote:
ElyStrife wrote:
TRDaz wrote: :lol: The FFXIII models? They just used saturation D:
So true xD People think "OHMY! WOOOWWW! IT LOOKS SOOOO EPIC!" when all it is, is a over saturated texture mod xD
Those shitty FFXIII models looks better with complete global saturation. At least it hides their ugliness *runs*

Runa > Arf. It's dA, unfortunatly. It has Art in the name only to be pretty.