Talk about whatever.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Dazzy, iheartibuki

iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Re: Favourite Music Artists

Post by iheartibuki »

TRDaz wrote:Ewww old ones xD

Coldplay and Maroon 5 are good ^^
The old ones are what you call real music. You know, when people used to play real instruments instead of the *chuckachig chuckachig... * you hear nowadays. Music nowadays is so generic, and most of these so-called new POP artists can't really perform on stage (*cough* Taylor Swift *cough*)... Enjoy your modern Milli Vanilli. ;)
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

Auto-Tune is the main problem these days.

iheartibuki wrote:Lemme guess, you like your SF4 characters speaking Japanese too?
Yeah I do. I recognise more of their voice actors and the stuff they do.

So I guess that makes me a Weeaboo then! :lol:
Last edited by MisterHentai on Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

iheartibuki wrote:
The old ones are what you call real music. You know, when people used to play real instruments instead of the *chuckachig chuckachig... * you hear nowadays. Music nowadays is so generic, and most of these so-called new POP artists can't really perform on stage (*cough* Taylor Swift *cough*)... Enjoy your modern Milli Vanilli. ;)
Ewww no. :o U WILL NOT DISS TAYLOR! Talk to the hand ;_; xD
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
iheartibuki

Post by iheartibuki »

MisterHentai wrote:Auto-Tune is the main problem these days.
Haha this man knows what he's talking about. A lot of these artists have their voices "doctored" in the recording studios, then they fall apart when they need to perform live. They either just lip sync or they pull off an American Idol reject performance. :lol:
MisterHentai wrote:Yeah I do. I recognise more of their voice actors and the stuff they do.

So I guess that makes me a Weeaboo then! :lol:
Haha, I got Asian characters in general speaking Japanese, and all others speaking English. I do love my Cammy rockin' that sexy English accent tho. :D

@Dazzy, you should try and listen to some old songs, I think you'll appreciate them at some point. :)
Last edited by iheartibuki on Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dazzy
Site Admin

Post by Dazzy »

^ I only like some Elvis Presley ones (Dad's a fan) and Michael Jackson ones (Mom's a fan) xD
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

The main problem that I find and it's a reason that I am turned off Western music overall, is here in the UK, and Daz could probably see it too, unless he is a massive fan of them (He's young afterall blahahaha! :lol: ), is too many damn club-type tunes or they remix something from an older generation, and so in my mind, ruin it.

I am very much a 1980's fan, even though I was born in that decade, but I just prefer the style of music back then. All the uplifting rock pop or synthesizers, just love that sound. And much of that inspires and is still evident today in alot of Japanese music which is way I went this direction.
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Dazzy
Site Admin

Post by Dazzy »

Some songs are ruined with all that, yeah, I only like the pop-ish music or some rock music (Paramore) and thats it.
iheartibuki

Post by iheartibuki »

MisterHentai wrote:The main problem that I find and it's a reason that I am turned off Western music overall, is here in the UK, and Daz could probably see it too, unless he is a massive fan of them (He's young afterall blahahaha! :lol: ), is too many damn club-type tunes or they remix something from an older generation, and so in my mind, ruin it.

I am very much a 1980's fan, even though I was born in that decade, but I just prefer the style of music back then. All the uplfting rock pop or synthesizers, just love that sound. And much of that inspires and is still evident today in alot of Japanese music which is way I went this direction.
I agree, huge fan of the new wave stuff coming out of the UK in the 80s. Lots of them obscure too: The Bible, Wild Swans, Lotus Eaters, etc. Not that I don't appreciate any modern music, but a lot of them are the same all throughout.

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Take for example Jennifer Lopez's "On The Floor".

This song really grates me. It's played all the time, and the way it uses the bit from "Llorando se fue", AAAAAAHHHHHH!
Dank Buttsen

semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

i'm old so it's ooooooolllllllldddddd school obscure crap for me: