Favourite Music Artists

Talk about whatever.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Dazzy, iheartibuki

iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Re: Favourite Music Artists

Post by iheartibuki »

I don't listen much to J-Pop as I'm a Westernized Asian bastard (lol), but I was in college when this song became popular in the Philippines and to this day I like it much ^^

Sweet Soul Revue by Pizzicato Five
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

raidergale
Porter
Custom Rank: Marie's my waifu kthx

Post by raidergale »

^
I... I think I actually like that song :o

Anyway, I'm more into Japanese music and games OST rather than English/American music... and let's completely avoid the kind of music we have here in Italy :roll:
A lot of my friends listen to things like Skrillex's "music" (hell, I don't even want to call it music... I'm sorry if somebody here likes him, but I hate that kind of music XD), luckily I know some people who like the same music I do :P

What I like about Japan is their constant experimenting with stuff... they even made a virtual idol back in '96 XD (I still watch this video sometimes, the animation really makes me laugh :lol:)

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

Yeah not only is it experimentation but just their absolute fusion of so many genres and they make something out it.

Like your typical generic pop music, tons of synthesizers and fast paced electronica, but mixed in with guitar rock solos and stuff as well.

Pizzicato Five was quite well known in the West in some places. Some of their music was perfect as lounge type music.

And in more Tetsuya Komuro (From TMN) related stuff, the final battle in Street Fighter II The Animated Movie, original Japanese dub. Still one of the best animated fight scenes ever.

Don't mind the Korean subtitles. :P

Full music PV.
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
raidergale
Porter
Custom Rank: Marie's my waifu kthx

Post by raidergale »

1994, huh? That song's as old as me :pi:

I'm listening to it and I think it's good, but I have to admit that I like most of the Japanese songs I end up listening to... I think it's just something related to the language itself, I find Japanese really pleasing to listen to XD
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

It's their female voice that is alluring and easy on the ears. :P

They could be singing jibberish for all I care since it's mostly about the actual instrumental music itself for me. I just love anything that they have with a good electronic/synthesizer tune no matter what genre.

School Food Punishment is one of my favourites bands and they do some songs featured in Anime. It's the shame they've broken up, because I love their Post/Electronic Rock musicial style. :(

Slide Show

Kakenukeru (My favourite song from them)
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Shelkopryad

Post by Shelkopryad »

Ulrich Schnauss <3 :inlove:
ObscureMemories
Custom Rank: I'm a lil' bit Super!

Post by ObscureMemories »

Can't go wrong with SNSD I love their music...well 90% of their music. Each album tends to have a weak song on them, or two
Look at me! I'm on a high horse!

king.neko212
Porter
Custom Rank: Why?

Post by king.neko212 »

this is not the ot thread stephany.
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

danniellahill

Post by danniellahill »

>.< well i have no idea of whats going on with the conversations.... but i thought id just join in anyways xD

My fave artists probably would be (ill put it in genre.... i have an odd taste in music ^,..,^ hehee)

Rock/Metal
- Bullet for my Valentine
- Disturbed
- Killswitch Engage
- Bon Jovi
- Guns'n'Roses
- Avenged Sevenfod
- Papa Roach
- Marron 5 (the old stuffs :D)

Dance/Techno
- Scooter
- Psy (yes.... i like Gangnam Style xD)
- Maroon 5 (the newer stuff is a bit dancey i thought xD)

i also like listening to game soundtracks aswell ^^ like the moonlight wilderness stage in tekken 6 lool and other games of course.

im sure i had others to add to the list, but mehhh i cant think of them all now loool