Moderators: ObscureMemories, Dazzy, iheartibuki

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Cinema, Film, Movies, TV..

Post by MisterHentai »

Hi there!

*Makes a V-sign*

Which orientation? That's up to you. :lol:

Any way, I thought there ought to be a thread talking specifically about all things films or TV, what you are watching now, whether it's new or old, new upcoming releases, whatever!

To start of, I just recently watched Tower Heist. It's actually not a bad film, a cheap and slight take on an Ocean's Eleven scenario but more of a comedy. Also, I kind of find it disturbing how Ben Stiller and Matthew Broderick are going grey on us. I grew up watching many of the films they've been in, and so it's just kind of like a realisation of time when looking at them :(. Eddie Murphy just looks the same. And in relation to him, it's also interesting to reading up on how the film would have originally turned out i.e. was supposed to be a black cast comedy with him and some others.
Last edited by MisterHentai on Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Re: Film & Movies..

Post by Vonman »

lol im probably the worst movie person here. i rarely watch them, i think throughout my life ive been to the cinema less than 5 times :derp:
tho i do watch them sometimes... i like Law Abiding Citizen and The Mist. Will check out Tower Heist :D

does TV shows or drama counts here, too? :)
MisterHentai

Re: Film & Movies..

Post by MisterHentai »

Surely you at least still watch films at home though right?

Cinema is just getting expensive for me and so it's only on rare occasions and if it is a good film worth going for.

I guess you could make a new thread for that, cause there is just waaaaaaay too much stuff.
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Arch-vile
Custom Rank: Negative Creep

Re: Cinema, Film & Movies..

Post by Arch-vile »

I rarely go to see movies in theaters. The last movie I saw was Wrath of the Titans, which would have been a waste of money had I not know somebody that always gets me in for free ;) Mostly I watch at movies home. I have to get all of my old movies on Blu Ray now since my DVD player died.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Wrath of the Titans....ugh.....one of the most stupid films ever. Sure it has some pretty nice blockbuster CGI sequences, but it's story and everything about it, what the hell? It's just a mockery of the Greek mythological figures. I'll even go as far to say that it's predecessor Clash of the Titans was an Oscar winner in comparison, even if that was also a stupid film. :lol:
Dank Buttsen

RoxasKennedy
Porter
Custom Rank: ßâÜ(ÔòÑ´╣ÅÔòÑßâÜ)

Post by RoxasKennedy »

OMG I love going to the cinema!
Usually with my sister.
We are planning on watching the Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2 for lulz.
Hey guys, Marlboro-Chan here
Arch-vile

Post by Arch-vile »

MisterHentai wrote:Wrath of the Titans....ugh.....one of the most stupid films ever. Sure it has some pretty nice blockbuster CGI sequences, but it's story and everything about it, what the hell? It's just a mockery of the Greek mythological figures. I'll even go as far to say that it's predecessor Clash of the Titans was an Oscar winner in comparison, even if that was also a stupid film. :lol:
I hear you. The CGI was good but that's really the only positive thing I can say about the whole movie. I sat there the whole time hoping it would end. Hopefully if that God of War movie ever gets made it will be much better than this trash.

I kind of want to see the remake of Total Recall even though it will probably be bad. I loved the original.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Yeah, but then this Total Recall is apparently supposed to be much closer to the book, something about how it was never really on Mars, or the whole "Was this a dream?" thing going on.

The new Judge Dread film is another I want to see too. I hear it's pretty decent itself. None of this helmet taking off crap, it stays on! :lol:
Dank Buttsen

Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

I wantz to go see Breaking Dawn Part 2 so I can see dat stoopid Edward DIEEEE!!! I know he falls down a crack in the ice (seen in trailers) and I HOPE HE FALLS!
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
Arch-vile

Post by Arch-vile »

Speaking of Total Recall, I need to get it on Blu Ray. I want to see Judge Dread as well. The original movie was OK, nothing really special.