I have to ask...

Talk about whatever.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Dazzy, iheartibuki

Black_Hill

I have to ask...

Post by Black_Hill »

Hi people !

See, I have a Second Life account, I don't know if any of you know what I'm talking about, but anyway... It's an online 3D community where you just do whatever you want. Pretty cool when it comes to chatting with an avatar.

So, my problem is...

Ran into a guy's shop the other day, he was selling (Yes, selling, for real money) Dante from dmc 4 mesh avatar. I'm sure it was dizzydoil's work, I'm pretty darn sure... Cause I asked him how did he make that awesome avatar ya know. Here's what he told me (lol)

""I got the 3D model for xnalara from DA, then imported it to Blender, rigged it with ******* add-on, exported it in .dae format and the uploaded it here, it's that simple.""

So I'm like cool... Or not... I started investigate on the net, found out it was totally illegal to do so (I mean selling for real money) and told the guy.

Lucky him, he didn't sell any yet lol. He removed all his stole work from the game. But he said he would keep his avatar for himself only.

My question is... Can he do that ??? (Since it's for personnal use, but I'm still confused xD )
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Re: I have to ask...

Post by semory »

Yeah, he can't sell the models. You can actually sell stuff on SL?
Black_Hill

Post by Black_Hill »

Yeah, I have a shop... Crazy how people will pay for pixels I tell ya... I make tattoos for avatars and it goes pretty well lol!

So I was right, anyway models are property of Capcom, dmc that is, so the guy could have been in an ocean of shit if no one would tell him huh lol !
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

There's an old saying... it's not a crime if you don't get caught LOL! :D He should watch his ass though... selling to much will probably raise a red flag and last thing you want to do is get busted :D.
Black_Hill

Post by Black_Hill »

Exactly ! And I approve about not getting caught, though if I do make something that is already trademark, copyrighted or whatever, oh hell I'm not selling nor sharing ! You want it dude ? Well, make it lol ! XD
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

I think it's really pathetic that people do this anyway. Must be a bunch of kids who haven't heard or don't understand copyright law. Between the person who does bondage and the person who sells copyrighted material for his own gain I'd reluctantly favor the bondage guy. lol
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

Second Life......Good God!

That place is full of bandage peeps and people would actually make money selling bondage crap from their shops.
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

really? SL is full of bondage peeps? ha hahahaha wow
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

With some of the character actions you can do and the stuff people can make, yeah, but then this experience of it was from like back in the mid-2000's so who the hell knows what's going on now. :?
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Love2Raid
Custom Rank: w

Post by Love2Raid »

semory wrote:really? SL is full of bondage peeps? ha hahahaha wow
Of all people, you should know best! :evillaugh:
j/k

Selling the model could definitely get him into trouble. Could (depends on whether it gets noticed or not, like semory said :p). Keeping it for himself wouldn't be worse than what we do here. Pretty much. :XD: