Buying a new laptop, need some tips

Talk about whatever.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Dazzy, iheartibuki

semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Re: Buying a new laptop, need some tips

Post by semory »

jesus for 4 grand you can put together 4 pretty smoking desktop pcs.
Bluej97
Porter
Custom Rank: Porter

Post by Bluej97 »

iheartibuki wrote: Jet: so do you primarily use a desktop to do your awesome renders then? :D

I'm partial to the Origin PC though I just realized that the optical drive is external (for something that thick they should've been able to squeeze in a slim drive in there, and yes, I'm old fashioned :P). I'll be doing more research. I don't need to be able to play, say Crisis 3, at 1080p and 60+ fps per say (there's no PC, even desktop that's able to do this at this time afaik), but SSF4AE, SFxT and any potential fighting game coming to PC will have to run close to that speed at least. The Sony Vaio is able to run SSF4AE at around 51 fps but with the asking price it has to be able to do it beyond 60 fps. And ya, after I customized an Origin EON-15S, price came down to 4 grand plus. :fdat: !
Yep, all Desktops ;) and thanks ! :D

What !?

4GRAND !?!?!?!? :fdat:
"FRESSHU BAKED DESU CHAN STIXXXLUV EXXXCLUSIVE PREORDER NOW!"
-RoXXXeh-
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

Yep, I'm aware you can put together 4 pretty smoking desktop pcs. for that money but hey, I guess you have to pay for some mobility. :) But ya I ain't paying that much for a nice "gaming" laptop. The reason why I put double quotes on gaming is that it doesn't have to be purely a gaming laptop. If it has a decent card in it and meets my requirements then that laptop will get mah money!

Jet: NP! ^^, Ya the price killed it for me. :(
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

51fps for SSFIVAE on that spec? :shock:

Wow something must be so wrong then, whether it's crappy drivers or n00b running it with 16xQ CSAA on or something.
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
iheartibuki

Post by iheartibuki »

Hentai, I forgot to mention that it's at 1080p, but still, something seems definitely off with that benchmark test. I swear somebody even showed on YT that they're running Skyrim (full settings) on the same Sony laptop at 87 fps. I don't need to have AE running with those nice filters on at 60 fps though it would be nice.

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Definitely must be having AA up to it's highest then because that is what kills it, and it will do the same for me on my desktop PC too. I mean FFS, I've had 2-3 year old laptops that can run the game on 1080p with everything High and it stays smooth 60fps+.

Even then, why need AA on a small 1080p laptop screen. "Masturr Race" people can be really stupid and up their own asses sometimes.
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
iheartibuki

Post by iheartibuki »

:lol: true :D, I can live with 4X. Even the lowest setting AA still isn't THAT obvious. My current laptop is about 4-5 years old but it's one of them machines with a business vid card so I have to play AE at the lowest setting to get any decent speeds (not 60 fps but damn, I was able to complete Cammy's trials in it, just hers though lol)!

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Damn you definitely need an upgrade then.
Dank Buttsen

iheartibuki

Post by iheartibuki »

Yep, the current machine has served me well though. Tis the machine that first used XNALara, then XPS, then Blender, and posed many bare females Kokoro style. :ggl:

06pori
Porter
Custom Rank: Gimme Gimme Octopus

Post by 06pori »